Answered

Resetting Play 3 speaker

• 2 August 2019
  • 5 replies

I’ve experienced a lot of signal dropout this week. I’ve successfully rebooted the router, one Play3 and soundbar, and updated the app. But one Play 3 is stuck: Play/Pause button flashes green, if I press it I get an alert jingle, then flashing dark amber light, and the system doesn’t recognise the speaker.
I’ve tried both rebooting and resetting - what do I try next? Many thanks for any advice
icon

Best answer by ratty 2 August 2019, 16:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If Play/Pause is flashing green, the unit's saying it needs to be added to a system. Use the 'Add a speaker' option in the controller.

I’ve tried both rebooting and resetting

Well, if you factory reset it that certainly explains why the speaker is now detached from the system.
Cable the speaker to your router and perhaps try the update again. It’s not clear if you did factory reset your speaker (as per your title) ... but if you continue to have problems then this is the correct factory reset procedure...
  1. Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
  2. Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
  3. Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
  4. Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
In step 4 you add the speaker to the existing system by going into the Sonos App Settings and choose the option to 'Add a Player or Sub’
Ah @ratty beat me to it.
Many thanks guys, all done. I was close, all this technology gets too much for an ageing granny ...
Yes, the things we each have to learn and do, just to keep up with the Kids and Grandkids, eh?

Glad you’re all sorted.