Answered

Reset Sonos system after a router change

• 6 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

After a Router change I followed the instructions to reconnect my Sonos system, connecting one of my 5 devices to the router with an ethernet cable, ticking the ‘more than 1 device’ box. However only that one device is now working, the others aren't showing in my system on the app. I have rebooted them all, gone back to the app checked settings, networks, but then don't get the ‘wireless setup’ just the name of the network in use. Trying the ‘add device’ route doesn't work as it doesn't pick up the devices even though I am next to them.

Any ideas how I restore the rest of my devices to the system please?

icon

Best answer by John B 6 February 2021, 22:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @MoodyBlue52.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Connecting one of your Sonos products to your router with an Ethernet cable will put your system into a wired setup wherein the wired product will broadcast a dedicated wireless network that your Sonos products will use.

***Are you doing the whole process while one of your Sonos product is still connected to the router via ethernet cable?

Ensure that it is connected throughout the wireless setup before you can remove or disconnect the ethernet cable.

If your products do not reappear in the Sonos app, reboot all missing Sonos products in your household, then go to:

Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup  to connect them to the WiFi network.

Let us know how that goes.

Badge

Thanks Annazel,

I followed the instructions on the App, made sure all devices were powered up, then connected one device to the router with an ethernet cable as instructed including selecting the ‘2 or more device’ option. that device (Sonos one) is now connected to the router but no other devices are showing. Going through the System, Network, Wireless Setup, I don't get an option to connect any other devices.

Still baffled!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MoodyBlue52.

Thanks for the immediate response.

Due to the nature of this issue, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support, you can give us a call and work with a technician live. They'll start with checking your system health and go from there. They have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

You should not even be attempting wireless set up at this point. Leave the wired speaker wired. Power off the otber speakers. Power one of the speakers back on and see if it appears in tbe app. If not, go into Settings, Add Product  and see if you can add the speaker back in.

If that doesn't work,  factory reset the unwired speaker only, then try Add Product. 

Please post back at that point.

Badge

Hi, Thanks for the advice, perseverance seems to have paid off and after several attempts the system is now all back, fingers crossed!