Answered

replacing Sonos bridge with abother bridge

• 16 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi
I have a Sonos bridge BR100 which recently had a hardware fault. This was purchased in 2009 so is one of the very early Sonos Bridge.

I purchased a replacement Sonos Bridge and plugged this in however it doesnt seem to be working on the bridge. All my sonos devices are not WIFI enabled as I want to use the bridge for all communication link and effectively create a seperate WIFI network for just Sonos devices.

Is there any guidence on what I need to do to get the replacement Sonos bridge working on my existing devices.

I have been on the app and already added the new sonos bridge into the list, this was successful but this then didnt pick up all the other devices like play 5, play 1 and Sonos One.

I tried to add these products manually but have run into problems, it also tries to connect via bluetooth but as far as I am aware none of these products have bluetooth on them so am confused about that.

Look forward to any advice so I can start to use my Sonos devices again.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by ratty 16 September 2019, 16:28

Stop trying to add all the other devices. You'll wipe all their settings and playlists. What you've managed to do is set up the new Bridge as a new system on its own.

1/ Remove the Bridge from power.
2/ Wire one of the speakers to your router and power it up.
3/ Reset the controller app and when it starts tell it to add to an existing system. You should see all your speakers.
4/ Wire the Bridge to the network as well as the speaker.
5/ Power the Bridge up in reset, by holding down the Join button on top while connecting to power. Release the button when the LED flashes amber.
6/ When the Bridge flashes green, add it to the system.
7/ Unwire the speaker from the network and put it back in place.
View original

5 replies

Stop trying to add all the other devices. You'll wipe all their settings and playlists. What you've managed to do is set up the new Bridge as a new system on its own.

1/ Remove the Bridge from power.
2/ Wire one of the speakers to your router and power it up.
3/ Reset the controller app and when it starts tell it to add to an existing system. You should see all your speakers.
4/ Wire the Bridge to the network as well as the speaker.
5/ Power the Bridge up in reset, by holding down the Join button on top while connecting to power. Release the button when the LED flashes amber.
6/ When the Bridge flashes green, add it to the system.
7/ Unwire the speaker from the network and put it back in place.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If you have issues with your replacement Bridge you can swap it for a Boost using the same steps and you will have a better SonosNet mesh than the Bridge can support.
Badge
Thanks for the responses.

I managed to do the following and it resolved the issue.

switch off and rebooting all your speakers and the Bridge by unplugging them from power and leaving them off for 10-15 seconds, then plugging them back. This is to fix the wireless channel mismatch within the Sonos system (speakers are using different wireless channels).
Glad it is working, although it has nothing to do with Sonos speakers using different wireless channels.
it has nothing to do with Sonos speakers using different wireless channels.
Well, I have sometimes seen this happen, though it's typically if the SonosNet channel is changed whilst a component is offline. When that device powers up it can occasionally get stuck on its original channel.

That said, I don't know how the OP could have detected it, unless they're familiar with http://x.x.x.x:1400/support/review