Answered

Repeating music and ads

• 18 March 2019
  • 49 replies

Show first post

49 replies

I submitted another one. It just happened.

Here’s another one 1789814027. Happens many times a day
I have songs repeating themselves and wouldn’t recommend sonos to friends until this is resolved. I seemed to have found if I open the app and “end session” the problem temporary is fixed. However if I stop the music with Alexa voice command and start music again. It it it it repeats.
Same issue. Pandora premium and Amazon music repeat...seems to be after they have been playing for awhile then every. Dang. Song. Used to be two times, now it’s three. Ready to throw the Sonoses (three of them) out the window
Same issues guys. The songs are repeating generally just once before moving to the next song when I access Pandora through my Sonis app or Alexa on my Sonis Play One. It is not my wifi. It does not drop out except during a power outage.

This was not happening until a month or so ago. It's now regularly happening. Sonis, we have a problem.
Any time I see "it's not my wifi", it's a pretty good indication that it is your wifi.

The key thing I'm seeing is "until about a month ago", which coincides with a software update from Sonos. Part of that process is each speaker requests a new IP address from your router. If your router has lost where it is in the DHCP table, it can hand a duplicate IP address to your speakers, which causes them to connect and disconnect from your wifi frequently. When your speakers disconnect and reconnect, the re-send the last command to play something, which can cause a repeat of a commercial or song.

This can be easily fixed by unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. This causes the router to be "refreshed" and it will now hand out non-duplicate IP addresses, so you can go ahead and plug your Sonos devices back in to the power.

This should take care of your issue.
Any time I see "it's not my wifi", it's a pretty good indication that it is your wifi.

The key thing I'm seeing is "until about a month ago", which coincides with a software update from Sonos. Part of that process is each speaker requests a new IP address from your router. If your router has lost where it is in the DHCP table, it can hand a duplicate IP address to your speakers, which causes them to connect and disconnect from your wifi frequently. When your speakers disconnect and reconnect, the re-send the last command to play something, which can cause a repeat of a commercial or song.

This can be easily fixed by unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. This causes the router to be "refreshed" and it will now hand out non-duplicate IP addresses, so you can go ahead and plug your Sonos devices back in to the power.

This should take care of your issue.

So it’s still not a WiFi issue from what you describe. It’s a Sonos issue. If Sonos changed the software in the update with how the speakers cooperate with my router, it sounds to me like it’s a Sonos problem. My router/WiFi didn’t change. Sonos changed. It’s a Sonos problem. Sonos, fix it or these bad boys are going back to Best Buy.
Yes, your wifi didn't change. Nor did your router. But the IP addresses handed out by your router did. Sonos requests an IP from your router, and uses it. They are not responsible, nor have the ability, for maintaining a list of IP addresses in use, your router is. If your router is in a state where it is handing out bad IP addresses, Sonos can't fix that, only your router can, which is why I recommended a simple refresh of your router.

I resolved this issue with my Netgear router by assigning reserved IP addresses in my router's DHCP table. That way, I can be sure that the router (which has in the past) won't give out those IP addresses as duplicates in the future.

I wish you the best of luck.

The songs repeat when I listen to Amazon music too so not a Pandora problem. Any other thoughts?This, too, has nothing to do with Sonos. This is due to the algorithm engines the music services are utilizing to provide personalized radio experience.

Yeah, folks...not a sonos problem. It just only happens with Sonos products. So have you fixed this Sonos issue yet? Or are you still blaming the services that all work fine, unless you stream them on a Sonos?
Same issues. Play pandora or amazon. No problem. Go to Sonos Repeats 2-3 times including commercials on Pandora. Need a answer quickly. Spent a lot of money on 6 play ones, 2 subs and a boost. Not happy right now.
I'd suggest you read my replies above. In 95% of the cases, that's the issue.
I've done everything you said to do but reserve the ip addresses. Don't know how to do that. I'm with everyone else. Plays fine with all other devices, just not the Sonos.. Saw on a post somewhere that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. I hope so. Have just sat here and listened to James Taylor twice, will see if it's going to be 3 times.
More diagnostics 515764880
618649090 triple repeat and when asking Alexa to skip she says I can't skip any more songs, but I have had premium Pandora forever. Skip works from app
The same thing with my new 2nd gen sonos 1 speakers. Installed them 2 weeks ago with amp. On fios 1gb internet. Songs will repeat from Amazon and Pandora. I don't understand how these speakers are 200 each but an echo which is 99 doesn't have this issue
The same thing with my new 2nd gen sonos 1 speakers. Installed them 2 weeks ago with amp. On fios 1gb internet. Songs will repeat from Amazon and Pandora. I don't understand how these speakers are 200 each but an echo which is 99 doesn't have this issue
I spoke with customer care twice and they stated it is an issue with the built in alexa. They are supposedly going to move it up to amazon to fix. They told me "don't expect a phone call back only if we need more information. No time frame of when this issue will be fixed".

The same thing with my new 2nd gen sonos 1 speakers. Installed them 2 weeks ago with amp. On fios 1gb internet. Songs will repeat from Amazon and Pandora. I don't understand how these speakers are 200 each but an echo which is 99 doesn't have this issueI spoke with customer care twice and they stated it is an issue with the built in alexa. They are supposedly going to move it up to amazon to fix. They told me "don't expect a phone call back only if we need more information. No time frame of when this issue will be fixed".

I’m glad I only bought one speaker. I won’t be buying anymore Sonos until this is fixed for sure. We’ll probably stop using the one we have until then. Too bad, I was looking forward to putting these throughout my whole house.
Badge

The same thing with my new 2nd gen sonos 1 speakers. Installed them 2 weeks ago with amp. On fios 1gb internet. Songs will repeat from Amazon and Pandora. I don't understand how these speakers are 200 each but an echo which is 99 doesn't have this issueI spoke with customer care twice and they stated it is an issue with the built in alexa. They are supposedly going to move it up to amazon to fix. They told me "don't expect a phone call back only if we need more information. No time frame of when this issue will be fixed"

Not built in Alexa as it's happening on my Play 1s which don't have it. It wasn't happening when I was playing Pandora with Alexa commands and no Sonos.

absurd. and I'm not monkeying around with router assignments. why should I?
A proper consumer-ready product shouldn't require consumers to know the first thing about, or be concerned with, IP address and router issues. That said, "Unplug speakers and router, then plug them back in" is a pretty simple fix - if it works. Tried it, hope it does - I did it about an hour ago and so far no repeats so I'm cautiously optimistic. Of course, it didn't fix the other new issue I've been wrestling with for the past few weeks now - one (and only one) of my speakers now won't play music using Alexa - at all. I can query Alexa on that speaker all sorts of things and it works, and I can play music on that speaker using the sonos App via my phone/laptop, but I cannot voice-command Alexa to play music on any music service I have on that one speaker. Really flummoxing because Alexa voice controls still work great to play music on the other speaker I have in another room. I've tried a couple of the other several online solutions to overcome that problem (it appears to be a pretty common and known problem as well), but so far nothing I have found online has worked. Great sound from these speakers and love everything about them when they are working properly - too bad the execution is still going through growing pains, and the fixes seemingly too-long-coming...
The problem is that Sonos doesn't control your wifi, or your router, so sometimes those things need to be looked at.

WIthout a paved surface, the best Ferrari can't go max speed. That's not Ferrari's fault.
Badge
The problem is that Sonos doesn't control your wifi, or your router, so sometimes those things need to be looked at.

WIthout a paved surface, the best Ferrari can't go max speed. That's not Ferrari's fault.

Yes, will look, but Sonos markets itself as being able to "play with" these devices, in fact, in needs them. This reminds me of WIndows back in the 90's when adding a device was a big deal and they first introduced the concept of "Plug'n Play". Which of course became known as "Plug and Play Around"....
Badge
A proper consumer-ready product shouldn't require consumers to know the first thing about, or be concerned with, IP address and router issues. That said, "Unplug speakers and router, then plug them back in" is a pretty simple fix - if it works. Tried it, hope it does - I did it about an hour ago and so far no repeats so I'm cautiously optimistic. Of course, it didn't fix the other new issue I've been wrestling with for the past few weeks now - one (and only one) of my speakers now won't play music using Alexa - at all. I can query Alexa on that speaker all sorts of things and it works, and I can play music on that speaker using the sonos App via my phone/laptop, but I cannot voice-command Alexa to play music on any music service I have on that one speaker. Really flummoxing because Alexa voice controls still work great to play music on the other speaker I have in another room. I've tried a couple of the other several online solutions to overcome that problem (it appears to be a pretty common and known problem as well), but so far nothing I have found online has worked. Great sound from these speakers and love everything about them when they are working properly - too bad the execution is still going through growing pains, and the fixes seemingly too-long-coming...

It does sound simple, maybe, but there's always unintended consequences...and you question whether or not to leave good enough alone, lest you bring the whole thing down.
I have also have same issue on pandora and amazon music. It only happens on my Sonos speakers. Not on my echo, not on my phone, not on my iPad, not on my laptop. It is definitely a Sonos issue. For those that are posting it is not you are just wrong. Even Sonos acknowledges it. When there is a fix can someone post the solution here please. Thank you!!

If all my other devices work and even streaming video on 2 fire sticks simultaneously works then its sad that the Sonos can’t stream simple audio when nothing else is in use. My roads are paved but may not be race tracks. I guess the Ferrari can’t even go Yugo speeds on the paved roads. If the Sonos can only run on specifically designed formula one tracks then it’s useless to most of the population. I would hope that it can at least be driven to and from home on simple paved roads.