Question

Repeating music and ads

My music, whether from Pandora or Amazon Music, is repeating. Not every song, but every few songs, and even ads, are repeating 2-3 times before it moves on to the next song. Help!!

21 replies

My music, whether from Pandora or Amazon Music, is repeating. Not every song, but every few songs, and even ads, are repeating 2-3 times before it moves on to the next song. Help!!
Never encountered ads on Amazon Music, I guess you refer to Pandora. Has nothing to do with Sonos, that's the responsibility of the service.
I'm having the exact same problem. Is there a solve for it?
The songs repeat when I listen to Amazon music too so not a Pandora problem. Any other thoughts?
The songs repeat when I listen to Amazon music too so not a Pandora problem. Any other thoughts?
This, too, has nothing to do with Sonos. This is due to the algorithm engines the music services are utilizing to provide personalized radio experience.
I plugged my old Amazon player instead of the Sonos and I don't have the issue, so it's gotta be a Sonos problem.
I plugged my old Amazon player instead of the Sonos and I don't have the issue, so it's gotta be a Sonos problem.
The Sonos speakers are fetching the requested tracks, radio stations, albums, playlists ... whatever ... directly from the respective service.
I know pandora plays the same songs over again, but this is different. The song ends and then plays again. And again. 3 times. Ads play 3 times too on Pandora. Songs repeat in a row on Pandora and Amazon.
Does it end before the end of the song, i.e. midway through, and then restart the song?
No, plays the whole song then just starts the same song over. I didn’t really notice at first but now it’s driving me crazy.
Then Smilja's answer seems correct.

If it was stopping midway through a song, and then repeating it, it might have been an issue with wifi interference or a duplicate IP address causing your speakers to occasionally lose connection, and then reconnect to your signal.

But if it's playing the entire song, then it is indeed most likely an issue with the streaming service. Important to note, they usually have different "portals" for different listening. So when you connect with an app on your computer, you're connecting to a different server than when your Sonos connects.
It happens to me, too, and it is torturous!!
That's a pretty good indicator that your speakers are losing connection with the station, then reconnecting again, most often due to wifi interference.

Note that we're talking the network from your router to the speaker, not the download speed of your modem. If the speaker breaks contact with the router, then it normally will try to re-establish connection, and often that causes a repeat of information.
Does it end before the end of the song, i.e. midway through, and then restart the song?
This repeating problem didn't happen when I first set up my Sonos 1 at Christmas. It played fine. Then it started skipping songs after a few seconds, now it is repeating songs 2 or 3 times. I've tried rebooting everything. Driving us crazy to the point we are no longer using our Sonos!
Each song now plays to completion, then restarts at the beginning.
Odd. I'd certainly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Since today's Sunday, I'd probably go with the 24/7 support areas on either Twitter or Facebook, the phones wouldn't be available until tomorrow during business hours.
Each song now plays to completion, then restarts at the beginning.
Have you checked that 'Title Repeat' isn't being enabled?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3272#repeat
Title repeat is not on.
We just bought a Sonos 1 gen 2 and are having the same issue with Pandora repeating songs. It doesn’t happen using any other music player. Has there been any luck with a fix?
Frequently, repeating songs (and commercials) can be attributed with an issue where the speaker drops from its wifi connection, and then reconnects, restarting the stream from the last known point. Most often, this is a result of wifi interference.

If the link there doesn't help, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings