Answered

remove speaker i dont have from controller

Badge

Hi all

I have just today tried a “Move” speaker 

I didn’t like it so it is being returned 

but …… I can remove it from the list of speakers I have in my controller on my iPhone and computer etc  I have 15 others 

How can I remove it ?

It is all packed up now and ready to hack to the shop next week 

I did reset the move before I packed it up

Help please

icon

Best answer by Smilja 23 May 2020, 22:32

The Move will remove itself after 72 hours.

View original

10 replies

The Move will remove itself after 72 hours.

Badge

Thank you for your reply …..

Will it remove itself from the controller even though it is off and all packed up in its box ?  
it’s on my iMac iPad and iPhone.   Will it disappear from all 3 without me doing anything ?

Badge

Ps.   Forgot to say …. Windmills of your Mind sung by Noel Harrison is on my Sonos playlist

Thank you for your reply …..

Will it remove itself from the controller even though it is off and all packed up in its box ?  
it’s on my iMac iPad and iPhone.   Will it disappear from all 3 without me doing anything ?

Yes.

Badge

Hello again all

I also asked this question of Sonos Support.

Aleksandra C.  Responded within an hour and that was today - Sunday.   Fabulous service 

anyway

I got the instructions to reboot my router and reset the controller in my devices 

I did that and it did not work.  So I did it again and this time I also reset my Boost …..

Hey Presto ……. It worked like a dream and I am back to normal now.

so I am again almost a happy boy ……

I wanted to use a “Move” in the garden but I just found its sound quality was nowhere near as vibrant as a Play 1.  I know they are discontinued but I’m looking for a new Black Play 1 now or a fully reconditioned Play 1 by Sonos.   I have power on my garden so that’ll be just fine

thank you for your help though.   Greatly appreciated

To my ears the Move matches the soundstage of the Symfonisk Lamp which for me sounds much better than the Play:1/ONE. I guess in the end it all comes down to subjectivity.

I also think the Move sounds (far) better than a Play:1/Sonos One too (side-by-side test), but agree these things are often down to the individual listener. 

Badge

How odd this is

thank you both for your replies

i did a side by side test with the same music playing and turning one off and then the other 

I did this with a friend and we both though the Move speaker lacked any high end “excitement”

you have both made me wonder if the Move speaker was faulty. 
the difference between them was vast !

Badge

Just to add ….…

Both speakers (Play1 and Move) were used outside In the garden on a step leading into the house 

they were about 6 inches away from a wall

@candynewgas, By the Way: as you no longer have the Move, remove the WiFi details from the system:

On iOS or Android: From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Networks. Select the WiFi network you'd like to remove, and tap Remove. Subsequently wait about 10 min, then go to 'Settings → System → About my Sonos System' and see if WM:0 is being displayed next to each unit.