Question

Remote programming: Tivo, TCL, AppleTV

• 14 August 2019
  • 0 replies

My beloved LG plasma's power supply gave it up over the weekend and I went and got a new TCL 6-series 55" Roku TV. It's slotted pretty well into my previous setup with a Playbar, TiVo Premiere, and a 4th gen AppleTV but I can't get the remotes the way they were. They all can be made to work, but not together.

When I go through programming for the TiVo remote, I've tried a variety of codes to specify the TV, and several of them work. The TiVo remote can do volume and input switching via IR just fine.

When I clear the Player using the iOS app and reprogram it with the TCL/Roku remote, that controls the volume, but the TiVo remote does not. If I clear it again and program with the TiVo remote, that works for volume but the TV's remote won't. [The Apple TV will work either way, provided I train it using whichever remote was used to train the Sonos.] The ring around the power button on the TV flickers whenever either remote is transmitting, but the dot on the Sonos will only blink when the one that trained it is transmitting.

So, my take on this is that the TV will accept multiple codesets, I guess? Has anyone found the code for the TiVo that "matches" what the TV remote spits out so that the Songs will listen to both the TiVo and the TCL remote at the same time?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!