Question

Remote IR Issue

• 6 January 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a Playbar I am trying to control with an Xfinity remote via the IR signal. The system originally worked with no issues. Now I can only control the volumn with with 4 feet of the IR receiver. I have changed batteries and re-added the remote to the system. Nothing has fixed the problem. There is a clear line of sight to the IR receiver.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, ge8586. Welcome to the community. Do you perhaps a different remote that you can test on the PLAYBAR? If the behaviour is the same with a different remote, please attempt a Factory Reset on that device and then test again. Do be advised, this will require you set up the PLAYBAR from scratch. Please let me know how this goes.

Note to our users: Please only perform a Factory Reset when advised by a Sonos representative.
The solution to the problem was unplugging the PlayBar and plugging it back in. Pretty sad the solution is the same as fixing an problem with original Nintendo from the 80's.