Answered

remote control Playbase

• 19 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have just changed my TV for a TCL 65C825, but the remote doesn’t seem to be recognized by the Playbase ?

It’s a RC802NU1 remote, I confirm that it’s an IR remote (I have tested it with my cam).

The Playbase works fine with an other remote, so it looks like it doesn’t understand the code sent by the TCL remote.

Have you ever experienced such issue please ?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 July 2021, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you told the Playbar it has to listen to another remote? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3402

Thanks for your help

Yes of course I have followed these steps but the playbase do not see any signal from the new remote

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You're welcome. If you do not mention the steps you have taken to try and solve the problem, you get advice you do not need, as in this case. Have you taken any other steps to try and solve the problem?

Yes i have tried to reinstall my sonos system from the beginning (sub and surround have been deleted) but it do not solve the problem.

I have also tried with my old remote and it works so it doesn't come from the playbase I guess.

This morning I have contacted the sonos assistance, but they were unable to find a correct solution (their only advice was to buy an universal remote).

Yes i have tried to reinstall my sonos system from the beginning (sub and surround have been deleted) but it do not solve the problem.

I have also tried with my old remote and it works so it doesn't come from the playbase I guess.

This morning I have contacted the sonos assistance, but they were unable to find a correct solution (their only advice was to buy an universal remote).

As your old TV remote worked and this TCL remote doesn’t. I would contact TCL support to get them to confirm the IR capability and see if they can suggest anything else you can try. I have looked online and can’t seem to confirm whether the remote is IR, or not, but there maybe a way to enable that capability, but "TCL Support" seems to be the best option to look at next.

I’m having the same issue with a TCL 55C721. Did you solve the issue?