Question

Remote control

• 20 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
Just purchased the playbar and sub. I noticed from my tv there is no on and off for tv speaker. What i did is lower the volume of tv to zero and product works great. My question is there any way i can buy a remote control for the playbar??? Since if i use the tv remote the playbar will not work and the sound tv is the one working.... any thoughts???

Another thing also i notice soundbar is always on.is that how it works???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Do you have another remote, such as from a cable company, that can be trained to another device like a universal remote could? If yes, you could use the Sonos remote control setup to set up that other remote to control the Sonos Playbar volume. This is how I have set up my Samsung TV's remote - one mode controls TV volume, another mode controls Sonos volume.
Badge
No.i only have roku.no cable tv remote. Is the only option to control volume is thru the android or apple device using sonos app???? Just wondering cause i would like to have a remote control always especially during watching tv.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
You are supposed to turn the TV speakers off through the TV menu and then teach the Playbar the TV remote signature (it's in Settings/ Room settings/ TV remote iirc).

Playbar is always on..
Badge
There is no option for tv heair is the brand for speaker on or off.what i did is lower the tv volume to zero.the thing is if i used the tv remote control it won't allow me to control the sonos bar but i am just using it to control the tv volume.
Userlevel 1
Badge
No.i only have roku.no cable tv remote. Is the only option to control volume is thru the android or apple device using sonos app???? Just wondering cause i would like to have a remote control always especially during watching tv. I'm not totally sure of your setup from your description. Have you looked for a Roku remote control app for your phone, and use that as a remote control?