Red light flashing continuously on Sonos Connect

• 15 November 2020
  • 12 replies

My Sonos connect is flickering red light deliberately and not able to reset/ set up/ connect the network 

Can anyone please guide me

thanks 🙏 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Have you checked the LED states FAQ? 

Beyond that information, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Thanks for replying, 

Can’t send diagnostics as My system not being connected 

Thanks 🙏 

https://faq.sonos.com/speakernotfound

showing this link when it failed to connect 

Then your best bet would be to call in on Monday, since there is no data in a diagnostic to look at. 

Frustrating, I’m sure, but if you perform a factory reset of the device, you’ll erase all your settings and playlists, and there’s no guaranty that the reset would do anything. It could, or it may not, depending on what the issue is on the speaker. If you have other Sonos speakers, connect one of them to your router with an ethernet cable, and you should be able to use the others. 

Then your best bet would be to call in on Monday, since there is no data in a diagnostic to look at. 

Frustrating, I’m sure, but if you perform a factory reset of the device, you’ll erase all your settings and playlists, and there’s no guaranty that the reset would do anything. It could, or it may not, depending on what the issue is on the speaker. If you have other Sonos speakers, connect one of them to your router with an ethernet cable, and you should be able to use the others. 

Yes I’m able to connect my play 1 without any issue. Only thing is red indicator flickering is not stopped in my Sonos connect. 

But as Bruce said, it might now allow you to submit a system diagnostic. 

But as Bruce said, it might now allow you to submit a system diagnostic. 

Thanks, now I’m able to submit diagnostics 

here’s the conformation number 2033281194

Have you checked the LED states FAQ? 

Beyond that information, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Hi, system diagnostic sent, please check 

thanks 

Can anyone glide me, if red led flashing means hardware crash ? Don’t know the reason it’s flashing red indicator from last 2 days deliberately. There’s no suitable solution available in the forum. Helpdesk support seems shutdown. I’m in dilemma what to do? 
neither mail support not contact details for help desk. 

very frustrating indeed 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Haribabu.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

What type of Sonos product do you have?

Flashing Red - Sonos product was not set up within 30 minutes of powering on.

Flashing Red & White - Sonos product failed to update.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge +3

Hi!

Have Connect with blinking red light.

Try to do reset, but no luck...

Is it hardware issue or it is deactivated?

Can someone check it?

Pls help.

Video of my try - https://photos.app.goo.gl/JwyDeNFaaa8rGwV39

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @rahmanoff, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community!

If the unit fails to go through the Factory Reset process, then that would indicate it’s developed a fault - if it were deactivated then you would still be able to go through the Factory Reset and attempt to add it to a system. (You would then be told it had been deactivated.)

In this case I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call and they can look in to your options - feel free to direct them to this thread so they can take a look at the video as well :)