Recently played has stopped showing

• 22 December 2020
  • 18 replies

Badge

Seems to be an ongoing  issue,I’ve contacted support,they initially told me there was nothing they could do,after I complained they rebooted all of my units which solved the problem for a day.,however constantly rebooting is not a valid solution 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @hilandlad, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue about your recently played music not showing on your App. I’ll ask some questions to further check on this issue.

• When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes made before it stopped showing your recently played songs?
  • Did it happen after any updates on the Sonos App?
  • Is this happening on recently played music on the Sonos App or on a Music service that you have added on the Sonos App?
  • Is it happening on all of your device controllers where you have your Sonos App or just one controller device?

Answers to these questions will help us determine what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

It’s been happening for about 4 weeks,but intermittent.I am not aware of any changes or,updates to the sonos app,and I have the app on multiple devices both Apple and Android,the issue affects them all.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @hilandlad,  thanks for the information that you provided. So that we can check this further, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi,diagnostic submitted,number is :1084223687

Badge

This is a frustratingly slow way of solving an issue....

Badge

Just to update ,the recently played list appears occasionally,sometimes the full list,sometimes just the most recent 4

Badge

Considering how much money spent on Sonos systems this level of customer service is appallingly poor,I’ve unfortunately spent to much to consider finding an alternative,however if I was a new customer I’d definitely look elsewhere 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @hilandlad, thanks for the update and sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, It shows Audio playback issue, Audio dropout, and wireless Interference on your system, It also detected Playback Stopped due to Not Enough Bandwidth, these issues might be relating to the concern on your recently played songs not showing could be because if there are low signal bandwidth and Wireless interference between your speakers and the router. Kindly check these articles about Reducing wireless interference and Music Service Audio dropouts for some troubleshooting steps and check if your speakers are located near your router and if there are no objects that may cause interference with the signals. 

Let us know if it worked for you, We're here to answer all your questions. 

Badge

Well that’s nice generic response,next you’ll be telling me to turn off my computer prior to turning it back on!My speakers are in the exact same position the e always been,they worked fine until a 6/7 weeks ago nothing has changed environmentally,my opinion going forward is to,look elsewhere,this is too expensive a system for these issues and your responses 

And just because you’ve made no changes to your network does not mean that your router hasn’t, or other environmental factors might be affecting it, for that matter.

I’ve experienced issues in the past with an old microwave interfering with speakers, and a neighbor setting up a new router that stomped on my signal. While it’s never happened to me personally, even sunspots can interfere with radio signals, which is all that WiFi is.

And even Ethernet cabled devices can be subject to duplicate IP addresses. Things are no longer as simple as when we just used speaker cables. 

Badge

Interestingly in a house where I have computers,tv,s,doorbells,central,heating ,cameras,and various other devices connected to the internet,only my Sonos speakers are affected,incredibly selective WiFi issues then....

Certainly Sonos speakers, due to their cross communication requirements, exercise the network in very different ways than most devices connected to the network.

But you certainly know more about your local network than I do, and if you’re unwilling to accept the data that Sonos sees in your diagnostic, that’s your choice.  

I hope you’re able to resolve your issues in a satisfactory way. 

Badge

All seems like an attempt to sweep an ongoing issue under the carpet.Let’s blame a vague hard to diagnose issue as the problem and hope the complaint goes away,methinks there’s more happening here .Your now suggesting that the complex nature of sonos speakers are perhaps the cause of the issue,well that’s not acceptable,if I am going to spend over $1000 on a system,I expect it to work.

Badge

You advice and solutions are so generic,I give up,will try writing to some Wi Fi mags and consumer groups.Going forward will be not advocating anyone spends anything on this poorly supported product.

In Hilandlad’s defense I’m having the same issue which started about the same time after everything worked fine for more than a year. I also haven’t made any network or system changes and my neighbors are so far away it wouldn’t matter if they had made changes as their signal strength isn’t enough to interfere. There also looks to be many more questions about this same issue, all of which started in December, on this help site so I’m not sure it’s as simple as move your speaker out of the microwave.

Badge

Indeed,I don’t even have a microwave,and my issues started around December,not big on conspiracy theories but I do think there is an issue here they are trying to bury.

Badge

Ok,so weird workaround but it works...close app down,reopen and play a playlist on your saved list and voila recently played appears...

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hilandlad 

Are you still having this issue? Your diagnostics indicate that your iPad is on a different subnet than your speakers (192.168.5.x and 192.168.4.x, respectively). This explains the issue you’re having, as Sonos does not support usage across multiple subnets. Please ensure that you do not have dual DHCP on your network, and that your controller and Sonos devices are on the same subnet as each other.

If you still have a router as well as your mesh system, I highly recommend that you put your mesh system into Bridge mode: https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207621056-How-do-I-set-up-my-eero-if-I-want-to-keep-my-existing-router-

This will remove the dual DHCP problem. You can opt to put the Eero system in charge of your network instead, but one of your routers (the main Eero node operates as a router) needs to be in Bridge mode, and that should usually be the first device on the network unless you really know what you’re doing.

Once the Eero is in Bridge mode, it’d be a good idea to reboot the router - this will refresh connections for all your devices, including Sonos.

I hope this helps. If you have any doubts about performing these steps, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.