Recently played has stopped showing

• 27 October 2020
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Over the last couple of days I’ve noticed the recently played list has stooped working most of the time. It randomly sometimes appears but usually either says that it’s not available right now or that their is no history to show. Everything else works fine and there are no network issues on any other device or software on the network. It’s a Sonos Amp.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yep. I’m having the exact same issue lately.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Toggling Use Personalisation Services under Settings > Data & Privacy off then back on seems to have fixed it for me.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Cool. I did try this yesterday, which worked, but it was broken again today and turning it on and off everyday, which deletes the list anyway, probably isn’t an answer. Will keep an eye on it but can we remove the ‘answered’ tag please,

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Unfortunately my suspicions have been confirmed. It worked for about an hour or so, played a couple of albums and some radio, all added correctly to the recently played list. Just went in again now and got this

So there’s something clearly wrong that turning off and on the data privacy only temporarily solves. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

And then force quitting the app and opening again takes me back to the state in the first post. So full circle back to the original problem. 

Badge

I've experienced the same problem for over a week now. 

Haven't come up with a solution so will keep watching this thread. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@jay house You’re right - the problem returns.

Either says “No history yet...” or “Recently played information isn’t available right now...”.

Sometimes the history reappears later, but it keeps coming and going. So definitely seems there’s a problem somewhere.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Another update:

I noticed that even on the occasions that Recently Played showed up, it didn’t include anything played from my Apple Music - only from Spotify and Tune In.

So I removed Apple Music from the Sonos app and then readded it, and now Recently Played is showing things played from Apple Music and I haven’t seen the error since. Tried force closing the app a few times, but so far so good.

Obviously no guarantees it won’t just break again very soon, but maybe worth trying if you also use Apple Music.

EDIT: Nope, it’s gone again.

I’m having the same problem plus the system drops out every so often, sometimes in different rooms at different times.  

• I’ve turned everything off, rebooted the router and powered up; a bit better for a few minutes but not the solution
  • I’ve done the above and hard-wired the router to one of the speakers, reinstalled Sonos and rebooted; not the solution either
  • I quite often get ‘sign in to access new/further features’ - doesn’t matter if I do or not
  • Submitted several Diagnostic reports - might as well scream up the chimney to Santa
  • Reset the app several times
  • This has been going on for at least a month now and it’s not as though this is a cheap system.

It would help if there was a Recent Problems/Fixes link.  Almost every search I do on here returns a question from years ago that’s been closed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Another update:

I noticed that even on the occasions that Recently Played showed up, it didn’t include anything played from my Apple Music - only from Spotify and Tune In.

So I removed Apple Music from the Sonos app and then readded it, and now Recently Played is showing things played from Apple Music and I haven’t seen the error since. Tried force closing the app a few times, but so far so good.

Obviously no guarantees it won’t just break again very soon, but maybe worth trying if you also use Apple Music.

EDIT: Nope, it’s gone again.

I’ve not experienced this but do use Apple Music, reckon that might be a red herring and maybe installing the service again gives the recently played list a kick but then it stops working again as usual. My hunch is the 12.1 update from a couple of weeks ago. Is there a way of reporting bugs and issues, seems like putting stuff in here falls on deaf ears.

Same issues over the past few days. The actions suggested above don’t even work temporarily on my system.

Badge

I've experienced the same problem for over a week now. 

Haven't come up with a solution so will keep watching this thread. 

Update - it's back again, lets see how long it stays. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hmm, it’s stayed working all day so far for me, even has yesterday’s stuff still in it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It’s been working all day so far for me too. Fingers crossed.

Badge

Having the same issue.  I’m only able to fix if I delete the Sonos iOS app and reinstall -- which I’m having to do about once a day.  Otherwise “Recently Played” stops working (get the error message that it isn’t available and to check back later).  Anyone found a long-term fix for this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Mine just started working again after a few days and has been fine since. 

Probably going to regret saying that now.

I’m having the same issue. Tried reinstalling the iPhone app, disabling/re-enabling the personalisation option, playing a few albums from the Browse tab, nothing works.

I am in Switzerland and use TuneIn, Spotify and Pocketcasts. I get a load spinner in the middle of the screen that never goes, and the “Recently played” section is empty. Also I’m having radio drop-outs lately.

Userlevel 2

I have the same problem. This isn’t a solution, but:

• Clearing the queue in the desktop app, then
  • Resetting the iOS app

seems to temporarily solve the problem. Some kind of communication error between the desktop and mobile apps?