Answered

Recently Played does not load

• 23 December 2020
  • 14 replies

Somehow, my ‘Recently Played’ section under ‘My Sonos’ keeps loading and stays empty. I have tried hard closing the app, turning personalization services off and on, it nothing seems to work.

It looks like a lot of people have experienced this issue sooner or later. What causes this and how can I fix it?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 December 2020, 15:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Reset the App in ‘Settings/App Preferences’ restart it and bypass the introductory screens and choose to connect to existing system. Sign into your account, check personalisation services are enabled and see if that fixes it.

Wow, that was fast! It worked. You’re a hero, thnx! 

Badge

Definitely, quick fix! Thx!:thumbsup_tone3:

This “fix” only works for a few hours….

I have same problem on iPad and iPhone also playlists missing sometimes plus spinning wheel within app.

Tried full router and all devices power off and re installed app on devices but doesn’t fix it. All devices work with local media servers and online streaming services.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have same problem on iPad and iPhone also playlists missing sometimes plus spinning wheel within app.

Tried full router and all devices power off and re installed app on devices but doesn’t fix it. All devices work with local media servers and online streaming services.

Goto "Settings/Data & Privacy” and tap to disable “use personalisation settings” - close and reopen the App and then tap to enable “use personalisation settings” - note it takes a few seconds to restart so wait till it shows as ‘enabled’. Then play a few playlists and albums and see if ‘recently played’ starts populating again. 

Goto "Settings/Data & Privacy” and tap to disable “use personalisation settings” - close and reopen the App and then tap to enable “use personalisation settings” - note it takes a few seconds to restart so wait till it shows as ‘enabled’. Then play a few playlists and albums and see if ‘recently played’ starts populating again. 

I’d love to but my d*&n app won't allow my to turn off personalizations!!! Sonos is so frustrating that it’s really making me consider other options. The app constantly has one bug after another.

Ken

Thanks for reply and solution, yes that has worked after playing a couple of Albums.

Hi I have the same problem. Above  solutions do not work, or just temporary. Please fix this BUG, because it’s pretty annoying. As there is a constant spinner in the app (always, every day, that’s why it is irritating), while it’s trying to load my Recently Played from some location (cloud?). Thanks Product Owner for your priority on this BUG. Has higher priority than any new radio or other new functionality. Thanks.

Hi

Yes the fix worked initially but has failed again several times, seems to be an IOS bug, I have an old iPad on 12.4 and one in 14.3 and an
iPhone on 14.3 all have the same problem. Works fine on Windows 10 (but who wants to boot that to start a play list) or on my wife’s Android phone.

Lets get this sorted soon Sonos it’s annoying !

I see this thread is 2 months old but I cannot see that anyone has found a fix. I have the “spinning wheel of death” while the app tries to load the “recently played”.  However, it is only a problem on my iPhone.  I don’t have the same problem on the iPad. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same issue -  a little annoying in having to keep shutting down and re starting to see it. Is there any news when this bug will be fixed?

Same problem here

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

No news to share right now, however our engineers are continuing to look in to this. It may help to get in touch with our Support Team via live chat or phone call and provide a diagnostic so there’s more data to work with :)

*please note that our EU lines are closed today, 13/05/21, however chat is still available if you’d like to get in touch.