Question

Reauthorise Apple music

• 24 December 2016
  • 3 replies

I can play Apple music from my iphone 6 but despite having been able to previously play Apple music from my imac i keep being asked to reauthorise Apple music have tried re-downloading apps and checking fire wall settings but all to no avail, any ideas please, have sent diagnostics report no.6912569 .......Happy Xmas and New Year

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, BigalUK. Welcome to the community. From your description of the issue, it sounds as though you are able to successfully initiate playback from the iPhone 6, but when trying to do so from the Mac, this presents a dialogue boxing requesting that you re-authorise your account. In the application on your mobile device, please go to Settings, My Services/Service settings. Then tap on Apple Music, then tap Re-authorise. If this does not resolve the issue, please remove Apple Music from your services and re-add it. This can be done from within the same screen. However, if this still does not work, be sure to let us know. Thanks in advance.
I keep being asked to reauthorise my apple music
I tried on settings as you suggest (I have an Iphone) and apple is enabled on the Sonos App
The rest of your explanation is not clear
can you send a step by step clear pathway to solving this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, zkf. If you are having trouble re-authorizing, give this a shot.

First, you will need to remove the service from Sonos. After, you will need to re-add Apple Music as noted in our Apple Music FAQ here:

How do I add my Apple Music account to Sonos?
A few things you need to know before starting:
  • To add Apple Music to Sonos, you must be using iOS 8.4.1 or later or an Android phone with Android 4.3 or later. Once you add Apple Music, you’ll be able to control it from a Sonos controller on any platform, including iOS, Android, Mac, or PC.
  • Apple Music can’t be added to a Sonos system using Kindle devices, Android tablets, or the Sonos Controller App for Mac or Windows, but Apple Music on Sonos can be controlled from these devices once it’s set up with a supported device.
  • An Apple Music membership is required. Sign up here or in the Sonos app and get the first three months free.
  • Check for updates to your Sonos system from an iOS or Android device. From the Sonos music menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Check for Updates. Once you’ve updated or confirmed you’re on the latest release, you’ll be ready to add Apple Music to Sonos.

If you are still having troubles after this, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at what is happening.

Thanks!