Question

Rear surround speakers «dissapear»

• 30 October 2020
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Setting up Amp with two Sonos one as rear surround speakers. When trying to play music they are visible for a short while an then disappears Living room (?+?) appears instead of Living room (+R+L). No music playing in the rear speaker’s.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @HRBC.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

We called that issue dropped room.

To know more about this and how to prevent your rear speakers to disappear and always connected click here.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks for the reply but it didn’t help. The speakers work fine separately and are always visible in the app. But when connected to the Amp as surround speakers they are only visible as long as I don’t play music/watch TV. When starting to play they disappear. It worked fine for several months but some weeks ago they suddenly disappeared. When removing the speakers from the surround configuration they work normally again.

Does anyone have some ideas on this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @HRBC.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

This might be wifi interference since the speakers are dropping or missing.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number for us to see where the problem is coming from?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

793064985 (No music/tv playing)

2075592497 (Music plying) no surround speakers visible in setup menu)

Have you been able to check my diagnostic reports?

Hakon

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @HRBC.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

The Sonos amp is dropping base on the diagnostic report.

Try to do the following troubleshooting steps:

• Hold down the Join button (or Play/pause and Volume Down button) for 10 seconds until the LED flashes RED. (If the LED doesn't respond, move on to a reboot.)
  • If the player is already powered on (or the power cable is already plugged in), unplug the power and plug it back in.
  • Make sure the outlet is getting power.
  • Add ethernet cable so they can connect the player to the network.