Rear Surround Speakers Cut Out

I have a Playbar with 2 Play3 speakers as surrounds. The sounds will cut out intermittently from the surrounds, but the Playbar will continue. Doesn't' matter what source, including TV. No pattern that we can see.

We have an eero system to take care of our WiFi and the surround speakers are right next to the main router.

Diagnostics number 766266589.

Thanks for your help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Note that the surround speakers aren't connecting to your eero system, they're actually connecting to the PLAYBAR via a 5Ghz connection. So, it's feasible that them being "right next to the main router" might be causing enough wifi interference for them to be dropping the connection.

I suspect that Sonos, when they're back in the office, will be able to see if my guess is correct based on the data in that diagnostic. But if you don't want to wait a couple of days, you might want to contact them on twitter here: call Sonos .
Thanks Bruce. Very possible. I'll let you know what Sonos says.
Thanks, I'd certainly be interested. I'm always happy to learn a little bit more 🙂