Answered

Re-installing Sonos amp following factory reset of pc

• 25 October 2017
  • 1 reply

My laptop was playing up so I took it to the doc. He had to re-install windows 10 with the result that when I reconnected my Sonos amp it only played the radio stations. When I tried to play a music file it said "And error occurred while adding songs to the queue". I've tried the Messenger service (on Support) but it takes them a full day to answer a query. They told me to download the app and go into "Manage" but when I downloaded the app it only gave the following options; Modify Repair or Remove - no sight of anything called "Manage". I'm tech ignorant - please help if you can. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 2 November 2017, 00:05

Hi nodrog, I hope you've gotten your answers by now, but if not, that message indicates that you have the Sonos software installed already. You can cancel that and instead look for the Sonos install on your computer.

With the Sonos software open, you go to Manage or Settings and set up the music library through manage Music Library.

If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest that you give us a call on our support line. A technician can walk you through setting it up.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi nodrog, I hope you've gotten your answers by now, but if not, that message indicates that you have the Sonos software installed already. You can cancel that and instead look for the Sonos install on your computer.

With the Sonos software open, you go to Manage or Settings and set up the music library through manage Music Library.

If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest that you give us a call on our support line. A technician can walk you through setting it up.