Question

Randomly Cutting Out

• 19 January 2017
  • 1 reply

So I am currently using 2 play1's connected using a Connect to my pc via line in. Set up was easy and it worked a treat. Then after a week for some reason it randomly starts cutting in and out. Checked all of my channels on my wifi (channel 1) and sonos is on 11.

It then for some reason stopped - happy chap. Now after another 2 weeks its back and slowly gets worse and worse until it cuts out completely. The only way of resolving it is to unplug the connect and wait for it to re-boot. Then it works fine again for a few hours before slowly cutting out and dying again. I've checked every cable and lead and they are all fine - having swapped over tons of different leads to make sure, all do the same thing.

I understand that they're not primarily a pc speaker as I know my pc's wifi will cause some interference, but surely this isn't meant to happen?

Diagnostic number is 7015113 (if it says interference from other things using wifi it's wrong - have tried it all with EVERYTHING off and it still does it - thought I would save some time 😃 )

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So I am currently using 2 play1's connected using a Connect to my pc via line in. Set up was easy and it worked a treat. Then after a week for some reason it randomly starts cutting in and out. Checked all of my channels on my wifi (channel 1) and sonos is on 11.

It then for some reason stopped - happy chap. Now after another 2 weeks its back and slowly gets worse and worse until it cuts out completely. The only way of resolving it is to unplug the connect and wait for it to re-boot. Then it works fine again for a few hours before slowly cutting out and dying again. I've checked every cable and lead and they are all fine - having swapped over tons of different leads to make sure, all do the same thing.

I understand that they're not primarily a pc speaker as I know my pc's wifi will cause some interference, but surely this isn't meant to happen?

Diagnostic number is 7015113 (if it says interference from other things using wifi it's wrong - have tried it all with EVERYTHING off and it still does it - thought I would save some time 😃 )

Hi iambenharman,

Your Sonos system is set up to connect to your wireless network. Normally when in this mode the Sonos units deactivate their ethernet ports. This is so the system can prioritize streaming music data over the wireless connections. It looks like your Sonos units are all wired in though.

What are your Sonos units wired into? If your speakers are wired into the network they should switch off of the wireless connection mode and go to a mesh network mode.

Do you still get audio interruptions when your speakers have the ethernet cables removed?