Question

Random Volume Changes

• 10 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have seen where this has happened in the past, but haven’t found anything relevent to my situation.  Seems the volume -- especially on by playbar -- changes up or down for no apparent reason.  It has also happened on my Play:1 a couple times.

Diagnostic is at 1591053599.

I have reset the playbar and the internet/wifi and still happening.  

Let me know if diag says anything.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Webopper.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate your effort in doing those steps especially submitting a diagnostic, I’d be glad to assist you further.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, symptoms indicative of Interference have been detected on one or more Sonos components running in SonosNet and this can often cause issues on your system. This article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. If changing the SonosNet channel doesn’t help, then I recommend changing the wireless channel on the wireless router (or access point).

NOTE: This may involve disabling automatic channel assignment on the wireless router or access point.

• Log in to the wireless router or access point that Sonos is associated with through a web browser or through the router/AP's designated App.

• Change the router/AP's wireless channel to a different channel. If the router/AP uses an automatic channel assignment, it is recommended that this be disabled for this exercise. Ideally, select channels 1, 6, or 11 are the preferred non-overlapping channels.

• Please wait for 3 minutes and get a new diagnostic, so I can review further and determine if wireless interference has been reduced since the wireless channel change.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.