Answered

Random static.

• 17 April 2022
  • 1 reply

When streaming music playing through Sonos randomly it plays a very loud static noise. It does this randomly about every 5 minutes or so. Static only last a second. It over takes the music and comes through all my sonos speakers. I have a playbar, sub, and two play 3’s grouped in the same room, and a play 1 group in another room.

I have the playbar connected by Ethernet cable to the modem. Every other speaker is on WiFi. They have good connection with the router as they’re no more then 20’ on the same floor from router.

Anyone know the cause of this and how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 April 2022, 23:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Try cabling the Playbar to a different power socket (if practicable), or try an extension cable in between to see if that makes any difference - it is also sometimes helpful to leave the device powered off for a few minutes to drain all the current from its circuits. See if doing those things solves the issue.