Answered

Random speaker disconnection

• 21 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have 7 speakers : 2 Play:1 standalone, 1 Play:3, 1 One and 1 Beam + Play:1 surround. The Beam is wired and all others are on WiFi. I use a router Asus Rt-ac68u on which my hard drive with local library is plugged.

Everything worked fine until about a month ago. Now speakers are often randomly disconnecting during seconds or minutes and coming back all of a sudden. That does it with both local library, Spotify or if I play music from my phone. When it disconnects I can still see the speaker in the app but no sound is coming out of it. It also does it on WiFi and on the Beam which is wired to the router.

I tried forgetting my sound system and reset all speaker, no help. I tried resetting the router, no help. I tried unplug the Beam wire and use wi-fi instead, no help. I tried assigning fixed IP to all speakers, it's a bit better but still happening (though a bit less often).

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue ?

Thank for your help.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 21 November 2020, 12:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

As the Beam is wired, your system will switch to Sonos Net. This is the Sonos mesh connection protocol. If you have wi-fi credentials still in your App, then devices can sometimes toggle between wi-fi and Sonos Net, causing speakers to drop.

I suggest that you remove your wi-fi credentials and reset wi-fi within the Sonos App.

Badge

Thank you for the help.

This looks like ok so far with this solution, need more time to see if there is no drop in the future.