Random play

• 19 April 2018
  • 8 replies

My sonos system randomly starts playing. Often during the night. No alarms. It plays music from spotify. Diagnostic sent right after random play: 140966603

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hi. I had similar thing happen to myself today. Sitting quietly at home and the Sonos just started playing. Turned out if was my wife playing Spotify app (about 20 miles away). I am guessing when she last used it (2 days ago) at home she had selected Sonos speaker as the device... and somehow it still works over 4G a few days later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I was woken up with random play 3 times in the night. This was just a week after the recent update???
Hi there! This is more than likely not related. Does it still happen regularly? Were you able to submit a diagnostic report after it happened? If not, please do so the next time it happens and take a screenshot or write down the confirmation number to share here. I will be happy to take a closer look. Thanks.
I was woken up with random play 3 times in the night. This was just a week after the recent update???
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Are all you devices that access Sonos on the same controller version. Seem to remember that causing issues for some
Nope Edward. Everyone was sleeping tight. I have had other incidents where the Sonos suddenly played music in the middle of the night.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Mikael24. Is it at all possible that someone else in the household is using the system at this hour?
Hey. 11 sounds about right. I used an iphone x to turn off the music. What is really strange is that the music playing is always completely random. It is never music that i usually listen to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Mikael24. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Do you happen to have an approximate time where this happens? When I look into the play logs, it seems that an iPhone X is accessing the system and playing audio around 11pm. Does that sound right? The more details I have about what you are experiencing, the better I can assist. Thanks!