Random play

My sonos system randomly starts playing. Often during the night. No alarms. It plays music from spotify. Diagnostic sent right after random play: 140966603

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Mikael24. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Do you happen to have an approximate time where this happens? When I look into the play logs, it seems that an iPhone X is accessing the system and playing audio around 11pm. Does that sound right? The more details I have about what you are experiencing, the better I can assist. Thanks!
Hey. 11 sounds about right. I used an iphone x to turn off the music. What is really strange is that the music playing is always completely random. It is never music that i usually listen to.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, Mikael24. Is it at all possible that someone else in the household is using the system at this hour?
Nope Edward. Everyone was sleeping tight. I have had other incidents where the Sonos suddenly played music in the middle of the night.
Userlevel 6
Badge +19
Are all you devices that access Sonos on the same controller version. Seem to remember that causing issues for some
I was woken up with random play 3 times in the night. This was just a week after the recent update???
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I was woken up with random play 3 times in the night. This was just a week after the recent update???
Hi there! This is more than likely not related. Does it still happen regularly? Were you able to submit a diagnostic report after it happened? If not, please do so the next time it happens and take a screenshot or write down the confirmation number to share here. I will be happy to take a closer look. Thanks.
Hi. I had similar thing happen to myself today. Sitting quietly at home and the Sonos just started playing. Turned out if was my wife playing Spotify app (about 20 miles away). I am guessing when she last used it (2 days ago) at home she had selected Sonos speaker as the device... and somehow it still works over 4G a few days later.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings