Answered

Random bong sound from new Arc

• 23 April 2021
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Ok. I’ve seen many old posts regarding random soft bong sound coming from Arc. Keeping it simple… my Arc has never been connected to my TV. I use the Eero Pro WiFi that has performed extremely well. I use Alexa only on my Sonos devices. Sound tone happens when not using Sonos for 24 hrs. Seems like real issue that has not adequately been addressed by Sonos. I’m regretting my $2k purchase and afraid to mount this device. Please help. B

icon

Best answer by Xander P 26 April 2021, 11:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @BatM, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Typically weird noises like this are a result of something happening on the TV that the Sonos device is connected to, however that’s obviously not going to explain things here. My other thought is that it could be an Alexa feedback tone.

What I would recommend, is that the next time this occurs, submit a Support Diagnostic as soon after hearing the noise as possible, take a note of the confirmation number, and then reach out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call, and they will be happy to take a look :)