Answered

Radio won't restart since update

• 26 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

For the last few days, (now running 14.6 build 68228040) I’m finding that if I stop the radio, either with the iOs app or by pressing the play/pause button on my Amp, I cannot then restart it.

Message is “cannot play ----- radio. Station not found”.

This happens if I try to restart withthe app or the play/pause button. Only way to resume is to select the station in favourites and then it starts fine. New behaviour, this used to work flawlessly.

Anyone else?

icon

Best answer by mistyoptic 18 May 2022, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

This will be a network glitch. Power off your router and Sonos speakers. Power the router fully back on, then the speakers.

If that doesn't help then we can think further .

Hi - I’m having this issue too. Tried turning the speakers/router off and on as suggested, but no luck. Any idea what else I can try? Thanks!

Which “radio” station? What streaming service are you trying to play it from? Where are you located? Have you checked that streamer’s specific website, to see if you can play the stream from there?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Not sure who decided either that this was answered, or that the above by @John B was the best answer…

to follow on, after some investigation. I powered down the whole network and restarted it in the recommended manner. Situation unchanged. Other stations seemed to be behaving normally though.

@Airgetlam the particular station was Scala Radio. It became apparent that the station would restart from “my Sonos” but not from the Amp or from the play symbol on the control bar of the app. 

Going to the Planet Radio service, I noticed a change in the station artwork. I’ve now deleted my “my Sonos” entry for the station and reinstalled it. The problem seems to have gone, so I think Planet Radio had changed something their end which caused the glitch.

thanks for your interest. Hope this might help others

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

UPDATE:

I think this is an issue with the Planet Radio service. I’ve noticed that all the stations I try within that service behave in the same manner. 

I'm with a friend this weekend who is still on S1. The same issue here. If we stop playing a Planet Radio station, it will not restart with either the play-pause button OR the play symbol on the app. If selected from favourites or “recently played” then it starts normally