Question

Radio streaming cuts out

• 2 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am having a near-identical problem to what’s been describe in this thread. I have Sonos BOOST and haven’t encountered this issue in 3+ years of ownership -- and most puzzlingly, this truly does appear to only occur with KCRW radio stations. No other music streaming gives me this much grief! Wondering if there’s a diagnostic that can be run on my system? Thanks so much!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cunninghamarc05, welcome to the community! Appreciate the details and sharing this thread with us. If it’s only happening to that station, have you tried streaming it directly to that radio? As we can see in the thread that he found the same issue even outside Sonos. You can also submit a diagnostic of your system and reply to us with a confirmation number. We’re always here to help. 

Badge

Just submitted a diagnostic! Confirmation number is 1327266940.

I have tried streaming it through the KCRW app but haven’t encountered the same types of issues I’m hearing on my Sonos system :/ certainly leaving open the possibility it’s on their side, but not sure what to believe at this point!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cunninghamarc05, thanks for the diagnostic and for getting back to us. Which service are you using to play that station and how are you playing it? It’s weird because it’s okay with other services and stations but just happening on that specific station and you said that it’s okay when directly streaming to the station. Try to reboot your Sonos products and router, maybe refreshing the connection would help and if you can check it with the specific station as well. Just let us know. Thanks! 

Badge

I’ve tried playing it through all 3 services that host KCRW -- Sonos Radio, iHeartRadio & TuneIn. All 3 seem to run into the same issues, which very well could point the finger at KCRW for the issue, but I wasn’t sure if the diagnostics could confirm that on your end?

Yes, I’ll give it a restart this week. Is there a streamlined way via the app to reboot other than manually unplugging and replugging all devices? Thanks so much for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cunninghamarc05, thanks for the confirmation and if it’s all happening to all the services for that specific station, maybe it would be best to call 800-680-2345 our support team to reproduce the issue and report it. You can also chat with us about this in case you’ll get the same problem after a reboot. Just let us know if you still have questions. Thanks!