Radio stations skips backwards

• 2 December 2021
  • 1 reply

When I an listens on streamed radio on my SONOS the audio sometimes skips backwards. I’ve done the usual things with moving the speakers and the router to have better reception but the issue persists.

I usually listen on SR.se P1 but also listen on poscasts and the problem is on all radio, when listening on music there are no skiping but some songs are jumped (Spotify).

1 reply

Without more data, it’s really hard to tell.

There are multiple threads about issues with Spotify, including one I just read about a thread outside of Sonos that is suggesting that Spotify themselves are having issues. 

We do mostly know that if your music on other streams is working fine, then the issue is not in your Sonos, and somewhere upstream of your router, either in DNS land, or in the Spotify server that your speakers are attempting to connect to. 

However, there’s a actually still a small possibility that we’re looking at a potential of wifi interference, since each streamer has differing tolerances for “disconnects”. But given the many other threads, my bet would be on it being a Spotify issue. However, that shouldn’t stop you from reading the linked FAQ, one never knows.