Question

RADIO GOING ON AND OFF

• 30 January 2017
  • 9 replies

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH BOTH OF MY DEVICES. THE RADIO CHANNEL I AM LISTENING TOO KEEPS GOING ON AND OFF.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Switch off router, Sonos units (All of them), ALL network devices (phones , PCs, tablets). Switch back on in this order

Router - then wait 2 mins
Boost or Bridge - then wait 2 mins
Sonos items
Everything else

Should see you right
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
This procedure may also help reset your caps lock key 😉
Hi thank you but I have already tried that and it still isn't working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Please assume we can't see your system - We can't.

Give us more information.

Setup details, wired/wireless. Which radio station? Only happens on 1 station or all. Any issues with local music. Other streaming services. Any changes been made recently
Its set up wireless. I cant even get it to connect to my mobile phone now. It wouldn't play any stations before I disconnected it all. I downloaded the new 7.1 version recently.
Hi Stuart_W I have just repeated your previous instructions and it seems to have worked this time. Thank you for your help. Its much appreciated.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Drowett, if you're still not seeing your Sonos device on your mobile controller you'll want to make sure Sonos is set up and on the network still. If you see the lights on your players are solid white, they're probably set-up still. So in that case, check the network connection as Stuart suggested. If you're wireless only, it'd be a good idea to try temporarily wiring one of your Sonos devices into the network to see if they'll connect that way. If that works, can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Just to make sure, you do need to make sure you've done a reboot on your router, as first recommended. After updates sometimes network issues can get kicked up which a reboot will often fix. It's possible that your router's wireless channel got changed and is on a worse channel now, in which case a reboot might get it to change as well.
Thanks Ryan for the info. It's all sorted now. At least now I know what to do if it happens in the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Ryan for the info. It's all sorted now. At least now I know what to do if it happens in the future.

Great. Glad it's working out now.