Radio Dropouts

• 22 December 2016
  • 19 replies

BBC Radio dropouts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Hello everybody. I was wondering if the community had any ideas on a problem that has started happening for me the last couple of weeks. Streaming Radio 6 Music which is my main Sonos activity, is now dropping out for a few seconds at a time at quite frequent intervals making the system no good for Radio 6 Music. It has been fine this year (although I did have similar problems previously). I plug my sub into the router so it's using SonosNet networking and I've tried changing the SonosNet channel. I've logged an incident and will update the thread with any outcomes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Scotty, we'd be happy to help. Can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic. Also, would you mind telling us who is your ISP. Thanks.
Hi Max, Thanks for your offer of assistance. Diagnostic number 6901528.
Scott
Badge
Same here. Radio 2 ( tunein radio )dropping out constantly on all six speakers
Badge
My diagnostic number is 6902576. All other music is playing fine. But radio is our mainstay
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Max, Thanks for your offer of assistance. Diagnostic number 6901528.
Scott

Who is your Internet service provider?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
My diagnostic number is 6902576. All other music is playing fine. But radio is our mainstay
Same questions as for Scott. Who's your ISP?
Hi Max et al, my service provider is Virgin Media.
Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I too have had this problem, starting today. Until then radio had been completely reliable. More than just dropouts though - significant hangs, and a lot of the time I get the dread 'unable to find radio station'. This also happens with other radio stations, for instance Radio Paradise. I raised an incident this morning on this, so far no real progress. This being partly due to the fact that I don't have a Windows pc to install th controller on, or acess a direct radio URL. A real shame, Sonos, that you don't have consistent functionality on all platform controllers.

I would be very interested to hear from Sonos how this problem is progressing - not being able to listen to radio is a serous problem for me.
Thanks,
Steve.
Hi.

I'm having exacty the same problem as above. Has only been a real problem for last couple of days. Today has been so bad that it is unusable for radio through tunein. Rather than just dropping out it is now refusing to start at all.

My diagnostic number is 6903634. Chess telecom are my ISP.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
This is obviously happening more widely https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/problems-connecting-to-radio-stations-via-tunein-5415234?sort=dateline.desc#comments

Needs to be looked at as a more general problem Sonos, symptoms are all the same, can't play radio, all other music services work ok, started in the last few days.
Steve, thank you for the information. My problem (and I believe some of the others here) is that the radio drops out for a few seconds at a time (for up to 30 seconds at it's worst). Otherwise the radio station streams but is unusable because of the drop-outs which make listening too frustrating.

Thanks
I am having similar problems to others - since yesterday. TuneIn was dropping out very badly - more off than on - and now cannot connect at all. Also can't connect to Amazon music service - although connecting directly using the Amazon app is fine. All music on my local devices including NAS is also fine.
Not sure if it's just a controller problem though. Phone and PC are version 7 controllers - but I dug out an old iPad that is still at version 6.4.1 and it is also rather "hit and miss" and gets "unable to play radio station" messages. Also on the odd time I can connect to a radio station I am still getting intermittent drop-outs.
Hi All,
Still having the problem here. In fact, I am now consistently getting the message "Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn". I'm having to dig out portable radios to keep the family pacified with their regular radio fix!
😞
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Scottyboy, thanks. I appreciate your symptoms may not be identical, but there do seem to be a number of us with the same problem. I am now getting the same message as DrT, unable to connect to Tunein, which suggests there is a problem somewhere in the link between Sonos and Tunein. Perhaps a server misbehaving somewhere. Perhaps a Sonos rep could tell us what progress has been made on checking this out?
I agree that a progress check-in would be useful as I like DrT have had to revert to my old DAB radio. Being a big Sonos fan I quite honestly was going to buy my partner a Sonos Play 1 for Christmas but not sure now as she's a radio fanatic
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
My BBC radio is now playing flawlessly, as it usually does. Although I had to search for the station in Tune-in before it would, using the previously selected station didn't work. Note that I had already tried this previously and it had failed, so it does look like the problem may have been fixed. Sonos - thoughts/feedback? Worth others trying this I would suggest - delighted to have radio back on Sonos!
Hello everybody.. Is everybody's radio now playing OK? Mine seems to be though I have had no official reasons given for it now working. It is obviously good for it to now be working but it would be even better if Sonos could let us know that the recognised a problem which has now been fixed. Cheers
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
As in my previous message, pre-Christmas, radio now plays as I would expect. I agree with you, it would be to get some feedback from Sonos as to what caused the problem, and how it was fixed.

Cheers,
Steve.