Answered

Radio.com stations KYW1060 and WINS1010 are not working on Sonos

• 25 March 2020
  • 8 replies

KYW1060 and WINS1010 from Radio.com are not working on Sonos at this time. Many other radio.com stations are working, but these 2 that I use frequently are not. This has been going on for a couple hours now. If I go to the radio.com website I can play these stations, but they won’t play on Sonos. When I press play the play/pause button immediately goes by to the play symbol. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 March 2020, 16:56

All Sonos does is point at the radio.com server that they are told to, they don’t manipulate the data at all. So your best bet would be to contact either radio.com, or even the stations in question, so that their engineers can look at the radio.com server and figure out why those particular streams aren’t working. 

View original

8 replies

I have already submitted an issue to radio.com, so I’ll wait for them to respond. 

Thanks,

Jay

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Sorry guys, that’s on me. It’s still early in my neck of the woods. I read “radio” and added my bit about TuneIn having an outage. Radio.com shouldn’t be affected.

Let us know what you hear from Radio.com, I’ll be happy to pass it along to the team.

Radio.com just got back to that the problem has been resolved (no details on what caused the outage) and I confirmed I’m able to listen to these stations. 

Jay

All Sonos does is point at the radio.com server that they are told to, they don’t manipulate the data at all. So your best bet would be to contact either radio.com, or even the stations in question, so that their engineers can look at the radio.com server and figure out why those particular streams aren’t working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

There’s currently a TuneIn outage which will make most radio stations difficult to listen to on Sonos. See the full announcement here for more information or view our status page for updates.

These appear to be radio.com, not TuneIn stations?

I’ll look forward to hearing what they say, while I continue to try to figure out why a TuneIn outage has anything to do with radio.com ;)  As far as I know, there’s no connection between the two. Each one is merely an aggregator, and just point to a server run by the owners of a radio station. But who knows, it may be an opportunity for me to learn something I didn’t know before. 

I’m still working on my first dose of caffeine as well, no worries.