Answered

RADIO.COM not working as of April 5,2019

I've been listening to my local radio stations on my Sonos system for 5 years, and Radio.com stopped working today. I completely re-installed the mobile app, then I removed the Radio.com music service and added it back, but I continue get the message that it's unable to play. iHeart Radio works, SiriusXM works so it seems it's not all broadcast stations, just Radio.com
icon

Best answer by Edward R 5 April 2019, 16:18

Correct, at the time of posting, there was no known issue and it had not yet been declared an outage. It has since transpired that there is indeed an outage. We will work with Radio.com to resolve as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, SCAPTER. Welcome to the community. No other reports of this elsewhere. Is the error message more specific than that? Does it present the message immediately or after, say, 10 seconds? Can you try rebooting your router as a first measure? Thanks in advance.
"unable to play station"
Router rebooted. When I try to go to Radio.com in mobile app, I just see a spinner, and then it times out "unable to browse music" is displayed. Again, iHeart and SiriusXM are playing without exception.
I'm experiencing the same issue. None of my radio.com stations are playing this morning
Same here

I’m experiencing the exact same issue. Can’t play a station or browse Radio.com. If I go to the Radio.com app I can access any station I normally do on Sonos.
Ditto. “ unable to play the radio station” and “ unable to browse music “
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos status [1] is showing a 'major outage' for Radio.com. This implies that the problem is being worked on by Sonos and/or Radio.com.

[1] https://status.sonos.com
Thanks for the status link!
I hope Radio.com resolves it quickly. I'm missing my favorite radio station this morning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Correct, at the time of posting, there was no known issue and it had not yet been declared an outage. It has since transpired that there is indeed an outage. We will work with Radio.com to resolve as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for your support, Sonos!