Queue randomly returns to the beginning

• 21 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

If my modem reboots, I lose my place in my queues, even if Sonos is not currently playing. I’ve tried closing the app on my desktop when not in use, and still lose my place. Tonight I just paused my music, and lost my place. OS X Big Sur, Sonos Play 1 - 3 paired sets, 2 singles. Places are lost on singles, pairs, and playlists where multiple sets are connected.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @krez56,  thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community.  I appreciate you for bringing this concern, let me help you out on this.

First, I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Are you playing from the Sonos app? What error message are you seeing?
  2. What is the music source? Have you tried playing music using the native app?
  3. Have you tried other music sources?
  4. Do you experience the same on another mobile device/controller? 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit another diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

Playing from the app on my iMac. S2, version 12.2. No error messages - I’ll open it or hit play after a pause and it is back at the beginning. Not every time. This is very much intermittent. Well, definitely every time the modem is rebooted, but intermittent otherwise.

The music source is my local Music folder. Native app? You mean the OS X version? That is the one I am having problems with.

My only other music source is Amazon Music, which I don’t use often enough to know if there is a problem. 

I have not been using the mobile controller when this has happened.

Diagnostic report 1251589284.

Thank you.

The players can do a soft restart when the router WiFi connection comes back up, losing the queue pointer.

If the router is prone to frequent restarts you can avoid the players having to reconnect by moving them off the WiFi, i.e. by wiring a Sonos device and using SonosNet/’wired’ mode.

Badge

Can a single speaker be wired and still part of a pair and/or a larger group?

Thank you.

Can a single speaker be wired and still part of a pair and/or a larger group?

Thank you.

Yes. The connection method is not relevant. The only restriction is that a home theater satellite (surround or Sub) should not be the sole wired device. 

Badge

Apparently they are already in wired mode, so that isn’t going to help.