Answered

Qobuz Hifi stops playback

Badge

I recently got a subscription on Qobuz Hifi. The quality is very good but I encouter the following problem.

Reguarly playback stops, with the message that the network speed is to slow to coninue playback. I have a 300Mbs connection and one of my speakers is directly connectied via cable to the router. My Wifi speed is also a little over 300Mbit/s.

When I use Spotify I never encounter this problem, probably because the 320kbps stream uses a lot less bandwith.

Any tips on how to resolve this issue? It would be a shame to stop using Qobuz Hifi.

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 28 May 2020, 23:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Badge

Hello

The Boost is connected to a switch which is directly connected to the router. I could connect the Boost directly to the router, and connect the switch to the second ethernet port of the Boost. 

Everything works good and playback only has hick ups in the garden. Deezer and Spotify both work fine in the garden. 

Regards, 

Martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @martindat,

I’m glad that everything is working. 

Although we would prefer to be wired directly to the router we definitely do not want to be using the Boost as a pass-though for the rest of your network.

Please leave it wired to the switch and we can work further on the other issues separately.  

Badge

Hello,

I changed the position of the Boost. It is now directly connected to the primary Orbi router. 

I wonder if you can see any positive changes especially with the “tuin” speaker. 

The diagnostic report has number 704260160

Kind regards,

Martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @martindat,

Thanks for the update. I can see only a slight improvement in the connection numbers on the “Tuin” speaker but the overall connection in the rest of your system does look much improved.

How is everything working?   

Badge

Except for the tuin everything seems to work much faster.