Answered

PS5 only showing Stereo PCM instead of Multichannel

• 9 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello all,

I’m having trouble getting the surround sound setup for my current setup and don’t really know what the solution would be, My devices are as follows:

T.V: Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA

Device: PS5

Surround System: Arc, One SLx2, Sub

I have no issues with streaming services outputting correct Dolby audio as per the app saying it, but when on I’m on PS5 with the av receiver setting selected and 5.1 ch with Linear PCM choosing as well the app only shows Stero PCM. Selecting the bitstream options bring a slight delay which I read was a common issue and there’s not a concrete work around for it so I wanted to just use the LPCM route but this also isn’t working as intended, am I doing something wrong here?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 April 2021, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You probably are limited to stereo PCM because your TV isn’t equipped with HDMI eARC.

What options do I have besides buying a t.v that is earc compatible?

Userlevel 7

Get the HDFury Arcana. I have one and it works great: https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

I’ll definitely look into this. Thank you!

Get the HDFury Arcana. I have one and it works great: https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Hey! Just wanted to follow up. Got the HD Fury in yesterday and it fixed that issue right up right out of the box! Thank you so much for your recommendation. There was the tiniest bit if delay still but thankfully the Arcana had a delay options and after moving it down a few ms it was nicely in sync. You're a lifesaver and if anyone else is having a similar issue it definitely stems from not having an eArc port. Definetly do yourself the favor and get this device, it's either that or buy a new T.V lol