Answered

Project speed button now working

• 17 June 2022
  • 2 replies

I bought Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable a few months ago, It was working perfectly until recently when the speed switching button stopped working properly. Instead of changing speed, now that button will simply switch the turntable off. Its incredibly frustrating as I just bought a number of 45s. I have tried everything I can think of but Im pretty clueless on this.

Can anyone help? 

icon

Best answer by early rejecter 17 June 2022, 16:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

From the manual:

Changing replay speed
To play records at 45 r.p.m. first remove the platter. Using the accessory tool provided, hook the belt over the larger diameter part of the motor pulley. Refit the platter. 

https://www.project-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Manual_Debut-Carbon-DC.pdf

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Perhaps he has the EVO edition, which does have a speed change switch.

Roonio, that switch doubles as the power switch. You’re switching it all the way to the right side? The center position is power off.

If you are switching it all the way to the right, perhaps the switch is dirty. I’d try some contact cleaner, and if that doesn’t work contact Pro-Ject.