Answered

products always missing from the app

• 16 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi Sonos,

I have been using sonos for over a year now for this system, it run perfectly fine but until recently:

I have few system:

1. arc + one sl x2 + sub

2. playbar + amP + sonance

3. amp + sonance

4. Few Sonos one

The playbar is always missing from the app. I have perform device and router power off for a few times to add it back. But It doesn’t fix the problem permanently as it will keep missing again. 

For info, my network was setup in WiFi mesh, it’s running fine and no settings has been changed. 

diagnostic number 239312862

Regards,

keith. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 August 2021, 16:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

You could be experiencing some wireless interference:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

You might also consider connecting one of your Sonos products (not a Sub or surround speaker) directly to your main router with an ethernet cable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please also see my post here as you are booting your router: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

You could be experiencing some wireless interference:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

You might also consider connecting one of your Sonos products (not a Sub or surround speaker) directly to your main router with an ethernet cable.

Hi GuitarSuperstar,

I have been using the system for more than 1 year. This problem only happen recently. Dropping in and out. 

Why does using the system for a year preclude the possibility of WiFi interference?

Note: duplicate thread

The playbar is always missing from the app. I have perform device and router power off for a few times to add it back. But It doesn’t fix the problem permanently as it will keep missing again. 

For info, my network was setup in WiFi mesh, it’s running fine and no settings has been changed. 

diagnostic number 239312862

Regards,

keith. 

Hi Keith,

I too suspect it might be a network problem here. Perhaps see below…

What router are you using and what channels and channel-widths are in use? Have you fixed those channels, or do they auto-select on startup?  

Have you reserved/made-static any of the device IP addresses for your products across the network? 

Also do you have any cabled Sonos products at all and besides your main router, do you have any other WiFi Hubs/access points or switches (managed or unmanaged) on your network?

Note it’s also good to keep wireless products (where practicable) a metre or so away from your router and Wifi access points and don’t place them too close to each other.

If you can let us know the information, then perhaps some suggestions can be made to stop the device dropout issues.