Answered

Product Registration and Adding New Device

• 18 February 2017
  • 4 replies

I used a professional installer to set up my 4 room Sonos system - works great - BUT now I have purchased a new device that I would like to add and the APP is insisting I log into the account that was used to register my existent gear - seems like that was done by my installer on his account - do i need to reset my whole system?
icon

Best answer by cbulger 18 February 2017, 18:56

Perfect answer - thanks you
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Perfect answer - thanks you
You should be able to change the email your Sonos system is registered to through the Sonos app.

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Settings > Advanced Settings > System Registration > Change Sonos Account.
Using the Sonos app on Mac or PC: Select Help > Sonos System Registration > Change Sonos Account
Looks like he didn't register with my address - so I guess I need to track him down
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Unless I'm missing something here you shouldn't need to login to Sonos. Your installer should have registered with your email address. I'd suggest you hard-wire into one of your 4 existing speakers, with the Ethernet cable in the box...that makes sure you're on the same network, and select " add a new player "