Answered

Product Registration and Adding New Device

I used a professional installer to set up my 4 room Sonos system - works great - BUT now I have purchased a new device that I would like to add and the APP is insisting I log into the account that was used to register my existent gear - seems like that was done by my installer on his account - do i need to reset my whole system?
icon

Best answer by cbulger 18 February 2017, 18:56

Perfect answer - thanks you

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Unless I'm missing something here you shouldn't need to login to Sonos. Your installer should have registered with your email address. I'd suggest you hard-wire into one of your 4 existing speakers, with the Ethernet cable in the box...that makes sure you're on the same network, and select " add a new player "
Looks like he didn't register with my address - so I guess I need to track him down
You should be able to change the email your Sonos system is registered to through the Sonos app.

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Settings > Advanced Settings > System Registration > Change Sonos Account.
Using the Sonos app on Mac or PC: Select Help > Sonos System Registration > Change Sonos Account
Perfect answer - thanks you

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings