Answered

product not found after wifi change

• 12 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I have recently changed house WiFi and now my sonos app doesn’t recognise any sonos products in the house. App only gives me two options which are set up new system or connect to existing system and both options don’t find the products which are a play 1 and playbar. 

Any help would be amazing as I cannot find any help on the website. 

Best,

Akash

icon

Best answer by Simon B 22 June 2020, 23:53

Hi @akashsharma  thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community, Let me go ahead and help you out.

After switching Wi-Fi routers you may check this link to Connect Sonos to a new router or Wifi network.

I also suggest that you can try to temporarily hardwire 1 Sonos speaker to your main router and on the Sonos App choose on Connect to an Existing System.

If you’ve already wired a Sonos product to your router before going through the steps above, some of your Sonos products may be missing from your Rooms list. To fix this, reboot all missing Sonos products in your household, then go to Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup to connect them to the new Wi-Fi network.

If you need help with any other information, Please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @akashsharma  thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community, Let me go ahead and help you out.

After switching Wi-Fi routers you may check this link to Connect Sonos to a new router or Wifi network.

I also suggest that you can try to temporarily hardwire 1 Sonos speaker to your main router and on the Sonos App choose on Connect to an Existing System.

If you’ve already wired a Sonos product to your router before going through the steps above, some of your Sonos products may be missing from your Rooms list. To fix this, reboot all missing Sonos products in your household, then go to Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup to connect them to the new Wi-Fi network.

If you need help with any other information, Please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

I’m having the exact same issue. 

Tried all the steps above and still not working. My Play 3 appeared without needing any reboot. but my 2 x Play 1’s and my sound bar isnt shown.

I’ve rebooted them all 3 times… “find forgotten device” doesnt work… “add new device” doesnt work. 

Help please! surely i dont need to add all the products via ethernet to make a simple change work? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Thewy003, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry about the late response. if you’ve tried all the troubleshooting above and it still did not work. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.