Answered

Problems with Mac OS 10.11?

• 2 June 2019
  • 3 replies

I am having a lot of trouble getting consistent audio on a Mac Mini running Mac OS 10.11.6.

I have three Ones in a 2 room setup: living room with L+R; kitchen with a single One. I have no problems playing music through the Sonos app, but music/audio is inconsistent from Safari, Chrome, and iTunes (sometimes it works, sometimes not).

I have tried both wired and wireless setups, and have set the wireless band to 11 for the Sonos network (it is 1 for the router's 2.4GHz band).

I have no problems playing audio from Safari on my wife's Macbook Air running Mac OS 10.14, from the Netflix app on an iPad Mini 2 running iOS 12.3.1, or from the Sonos app on 2 Android phones.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 June 2019, 21:24

So, the issue appears to be with your Mac Mini, and not with the Sonos system itself?

Your comment about Safari, Chrome, and iTunes implies that you're using AirPlay 2, rather than using the Sonos system itself, correct?

I'm looking at an Apple page which seems to say that AirPlay 2 requires MacOS 10.14.5 or later.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208728

I'm guessing this might be your issue?
View original

3 replies

So, the issue appears to be with your Mac Mini, and not with the Sonos system itself?

Your comment about Safari, Chrome, and iTunes implies that you're using AirPlay 2, rather than using the Sonos system itself, correct?

I'm looking at an Apple page which seems to say that AirPlay 2 requires MacOS 10.14.5 or later.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208728

I'm guessing this might be your issue?
Nope. I upgraded to 10.14, and still having nightmares connecting.

Perhaps I should have noted that my Mac Mini is connected to the router by ethernet, through my Time Capsule (which is in bridge mode).

Regardless, this is causing more headaches than it's worth. I'm returning the speakers this weekend.
But 10.14 isn't the same thing as 10.14.5, is it?

Sorry you weren't able to make things work.