Answered

Problems with HDMI ARC and Beam on TCL TV

• 19 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Basically every other time I turn on my TV the Beam(Gen 1) will not connect with the TV. I then need to unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and plug it back in for it to connect, or doing the Tv setup in the SONOS app also helps with this issue. If I try to fix it within the app, I also need to do the TV setup two times, the first time it will say there was an error, but when I try again it works. I usually just end up removing the cable and putting it back, since that is much quicker.

The annoying thing is it happens basically just every other time I turn on the TV. Both the Beam and the TV are running all the latest updates, this has now been going on for about a year. I have tried resetting the TV but that did not help.

I have also noticed that when I turn off the TV, sometimes the LED on the Beam turns green, sometimes it stays white.

I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam to connect the TV, but maybe changing the cable could help.

TV model: TCL 50P815 Running Android TV

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 August 2022, 17:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ritko 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend unplugging the TV from the power for at least a couple of minutes.

If that doesn’t help, please repeat, but disconnect all other HDMI devices from the TV while the TV is off. If that helps, disabling CEC features on these devices - or on one if you can narrow it down - may solve the problem.

A lot of TVs will mute the sound as they turn off/on to prevent any nasty pops coming from the speakers while the circuits come on. You’re probably seeing the result of this, as a solid green light means the device is muted.

Using the optical connection instead of HDMI would also clear these issues, though you’d have to then make sure that the remote you are using is outputting IR and then program the Beam to accept those IR codes. The HDMI to Optical converter came with your Beam, and there will be no reduction in audio quality. You may also need to adjust some TV settings to use the optical output.

Control Sonos home theater with your TV remote

TV remote requirements for Sonos home theater products - this has some links to pages regarding some specific smart remotes.

I hope this helps.