Question

problems with gen one play 1 connecting to an existing system.

• 20 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I have had multiple Sonos speakers in the house for years, always worked perfectly without any issues. I decided to add two play 1 speakers to a room we watch TV the most in. Wanting more of a surround sound system. I power up both speakers, lights turn green. The sonos ap on my ipad recognizes both speakers, giving me their serial numbers, but when I go to add them to the system it gives me an error. Saying that the speaker is not found? I have even plugged them into the router via ether net cable as suggested. I have attempted this process at least 10 times. Not working. Seems odd to me that they system sees the speakers, but then can’t connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Did the flashing green LED turn to a solid white? If so....
Completely close out of the application and reopen.
See if it's prompting for updates, to configure or register the speakers.
Misfit, they (I bought two) both have green flashing LED lights. And after I pushed the two buttons, they both blinked orange. They did it repeatedly. I closed out the ap on my ipad. I checked for updates on my iPad. But I didn’t check for updates on those speakers? I wouldn’t know how to check for that if they aren’t connected to anything?