Problems with certain Asus Routers!

• 5 January 2014
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1
What is the problem with certain Asus routers (specifically I have the RT-AC68U) that have more than one wired Sonos units? I am quite certain it is an Asus problem but was hoping that someone could give me some specifics about what the problem is? I am very technically adept however it has taken me hours to pinpoint that it was actually Sonos causing problems with the network. Again I am sure it an Asus firmware problem because Sonos works great with other routers. However I REALLY like the RT-AC68U and would like to keep it, and would like to provide Asus with some feedback from a Sonos expert. Please just let me know if you have any input on this topic. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Solution: i bought the Netgear managed switch GS108Ev3 for under €50,- (US $55)
I connected Both Sonos Play 5 (gen1) wired directly to this 8 port switch (port 7+8). From this Netgear GS108Ev3 switch i connected to my RT-AC68u router (port 1).
I contacted the sonos support they confirmed with a diagnosenumber that network package drops moved without the netgear from (bad) 80% -> with netgear (perfect) 0%.

Used Asus RT-AC68u Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.380_3831
Used Netgear GS108Ev3 firmware Version 2.00.08
I only configured the local ip-adress to the netgear switch.

I added a simple mspaint illustration of my setup.