Answered

Problems linking new One SLs to Beam

• 2 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I have been struggling to get 2 One SL to link to Beam as rear surrounds. Had them working fine for about 30 minutes, now I can’t even see them in the Sonos app, have tried factory resets and also numerous power downs. I am on a BT home hub and have tried rebooting that. I am staring down the barrel of a wasted £360.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 2 August 2021, 19:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There have been some issues in recent months with BT routers (smart hub 2) and Sonos devices not being discovered .. see this link:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/bt-smart-hub-2-connection-issues-april-2021-6857959

A solution has been to disable the routers 5Ghz band - so perhaps switch that adapter off (temporarily) and see if that does resolve your issue.

Thanks Ken, I will try that.

Looks as if BT were a little premature in suggesting that the firmware update would fix the issue and closing it off. I am on a new firmware update from July 21, but still an issue. Tried switching off 5ghz and it worked first time. Time to ring BT methinks, I will update what I hear back from them.