Question

Problems connecting to radio stations via TuneIn

rest of my system works okay, but when try to access any radio station over the last few days keep getting there was a problem connecting to TuneIn Error log below Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:07 AM Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, London Unable to play 'Absolute Radio' - the connection to TuneIn was lost. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:15 AM Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, London Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn. Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 10:22 AM Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, London Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn. Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 12:03 PM Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, London Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

70 replies

SONOS HAVE POSTED THAT THERE IS A BACKEND ISSUE WITH TUNEIN RADIO and they are working to fix it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Unable to connect to yhe radio as well, diagnostic number 6255743. Everything else is working fine
Hello Lawoay, we are aware of the issue and working with our partner TuneIn to resolve it. Please note the TuneIn website is also not working.
Unable to connect to my radio stations, through Sonos app. It says, Tunein connection lost. I do believe this is a Tunein issue, since none of my stations work. I reset everything, including wireless network on my iPhone, and rebooting my router.
Yep...up and running again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Likely not an issue with the update per se.

Switch off router, Sonos and EVERY device connected to the network.
Switch on router, wait a few mins. Switch on Bridge or Boost if you have it, wait a few mins. Then switch on Sonos units. Then switch on the rest of the network devices. That shou
D sort you out.
I am going to eat humble pie - when I repeated the instructions for the 3rd time (remembering this time that there is an ipad on the system as well, and turning that off also), Tunein back and working perfectly - thanks for the advice, and sorry to have been sceptical:D

Unfortunately, it only takes one device with a duplicate IP to mess it up, and Murphy's Law says it's the one device we forget to reboot. Glad you got it working. You may wish to look at reserving IP addresses in your router setup to prevent this in the future.
Tunein radio was playing fine yesterday, and now, nothing, dead as the proverbial dodo.
I have tried the instructions below repeatedly, and then resorted to the following:
switched off router, unplugged sonos and turned off every internet enabled piece of equipment.
switched on router, waited, swithed on iphone only. Can use Sonos fully, apart from Tunein, which reports it is unable to play radio station,(this happens whatever radio station I try)
I switched off everything again, apart from iphone, uninstalled sonos app, restarted phone and reinstalled sonos app, swithced off phone, restarted router etc - Tunein reports it cannot play the radio station.

I repeated the above only turning on ipad - again unable to play radio station, and repeated it all again, only swithching on laptop, with the same result.
On each occasion I have checked router settings and condfirmed only sonos and 1 piece of equipment connected to wifi (sonos IP 192.168.0.3 and the other ipad, iphone or laptop on IP 192.168.0.4

I can connect to tunein and listen to station through the iphone app, or the website, so, as a result of the above, I an only conclude that the problem resides either in the controller software, or else the Play 5. Can you suggest anything else that I can try? I have submitted diagnostics ref number 6902431

Regards

Likely not an issue with the update per se.

Switch off router, Sonos and EVERY device connected to the network.
Switch on router, wait a few mins. Switch on Bridge or Boost if you have it, wait a few mins. Then switch on Sonos units. Then switch on the rest of the network devices. That shou
D sort you out.
https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/virgin-media-and-tunein-playback-issue-6763042
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi I am also having an issue with the Tunein app - it was working before i performed an update for the Beta version. I am running version 7.2 and have submitted a system diagnostic report: 7215040.
All the other Sonos features are working as expected. The tunein app wont connect.

There is currently a system-wide issue with Tunein.com, which is affecting its use on Sonos. We have another thread with an announcement, which will be updated once the issue is resolved.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hello, Are you still having similar problems accessing tunein radio through Sonos? Do you have any issues accessing tunein directly from their website: http://tunein.com/? If you run into the error again, please submit a diagnostics report and reply here with the confirmation number. You can find instructions for submitting diagnostics here.
I too am having problems with using the radio stations via TuneIn which is recent. Is there a problem with Tune In. So far it works well with my regular usage but the radio today has been acting quirky dropping the station 5 seconds after playing.
I have been having problems with Tunein under Sonos on a windows pc that has a newly installed version of SonosController (v4.1) - it reports "Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn." Tunein works ok under other (older) Sonos controllers on other devices (Apple, Blackberry) and the windows pc can connect properly with Tunein directly at tunein.com
Sonos player on both iPad and Mac does not allow radio stations to play (either radio.com or Tune-in.) The seperate Tune-in app works on its own, but I get "unable to play..." on both the iPad and Mac (iOS 7 installed)(latest SONOS app downloaded as of 20 SEP 2013)
Sonos player on both iPad and Mac does not allow radio stations to play (either radio.com or Tune-in.) The seperate Tune-in app works on its own, but I get "unable to play..." on both the iPad and Mac (iOS 7 installed)(latest SONOS app downloaded as of 20 SEP 2013)
i'm having the same issue on my mac and my android phone.  both can't connect to TuneIn through sonos, but both function perfectly well otherwise.  this started after the most recent app update.  hopefully they're working on this, as it's annoying since most of the content i listen to on sonos comes from radio stations.
Similar problems... TuneIn often can't connect to 90.5 (WESA Pittsburgh); today it keeps dropping off 105.9 (The 😵 and can't get back on.  Diagnostic submitted twice; second time was 3233049.
I just got the Sonos system for a gift. Can't get the TuneIn component to work to play internet radio. Need assistance on how to fix this. Thanks.
Exact same problem, all sources exept tunein radio will play..
Hi. New system which was working well for first few days. TuneIn works perfectly on website. On Sonos all stations play for a few seconds and then stop/disconnect. Confirmation number 3349961
Hello, Are you still having similar problems accessing tunein radio through Sonos? Do you have any issues accessing tunein directly from their website: http://tunein.com/? If you run into the error again, please submit a diagnostics report and reply here with the confirmation number. You can find instructions for submitting diagnostics here.
Confirmation number 3361772
So weird. Been using Sonos for years and all of a sudden just my local radio stations stopped working. I can add stations to my radio stations and it works if they they are from 500 miles away. All the bad local stations work but I miss my local station. I can listen to them on the Tunein site
I am having a similar but slightly different problem. TuneIn is working perfectly on my Sonos app on iPad and iPhone controllers and my CR100 controller. It is however not working on my PC controller and I keep getting the message saying unable to browse TuneIn. What is further interesting is that I am also unable to submit diagnostics via the PC controller. A recently had fibre installed in my home which is when the problems started. The fibre router is in my home office and the Sonos controller is wirelessly linked to an AP in my lounge. This AP is wired into the office router. Is there a certain configuration setting that i need to change? If this is the case, why is it working on the iPhone and not on the PC controller?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sounds like it may be a firewall issue. But first do check your PC controller is up to date (Version 6.0)
I am having the same issue and it just started. I have not made any changes to any of my configuration but tune in stopped working. Not to mention my Spotify has never worked. Starting to loose faith in Sonos as it has not been smooth over the last couple of months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same issue and it just started. I have not made any changes to any of my configuration but tune in stopped working. Not to mention my Spotify has never worked. Starting to loose faith in Sonos as it has not been smooth over the last couple of months.

Hi Drralbert,

Please send in a diagnostic report from your system, reply here with the confirmation number, and I'll take a look. Here's how to submit reports.