Question

Problems connecting to radio stations via TuneIn

rest of my system works okay, but when try to access any radio station over the last few days keep getting there was a problem connecting to TuneIn Error log below Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:07 AM Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, London Unable to play 'Absolute Radio' - the connection to TuneIn was lost. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:15 AM Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, London Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn. Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 10:22 AM Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, London Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn. Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 12:03 PM Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, London Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

70 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hello, Are you still having similar problems accessing tunein radio through Sonos? Do you have any issues accessing tunein directly from their website: http://tunein.com/? If you run into the error again, please submit a diagnostics report and reply here with the confirmation number. You can find instructions for submitting diagnostics here.
I too am having problems with using the radio stations via TuneIn which is recent. Is there a problem with Tune In. So far it works well with my regular usage but the radio today has been acting quirky dropping the station 5 seconds after playing.
I have been having problems with Tunein under Sonos on a windows pc that has a newly installed version of SonosController (v4.1) - it reports "Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to TuneIn." Tunein works ok under other (older) Sonos controllers on other devices (Apple, Blackberry) and the windows pc can connect properly with Tunein directly at tunein.com
Sonos player on both iPad and Mac does not allow radio stations to play (either radio.com or Tune-in.) The seperate Tune-in app works on its own, but I get "unable to play..." on both the iPad and Mac (iOS 7 installed)(latest SONOS app downloaded as of 20 SEP 2013)
Sonos player on both iPad and Mac does not allow radio stations to play (either radio.com or Tune-in.) The seperate Tune-in app works on its own, but I get "unable to play..." on both the iPad and Mac (iOS 7 installed)(latest SONOS app downloaded as of 20 SEP 2013)
i'm having the same issue on my mac and my android phone.  both can't connect to TuneIn through sonos, but both function perfectly well otherwise.  this started after the most recent app update.  hopefully they're working on this, as it's annoying since most of the content i listen to on sonos comes from radio stations.
Similar problems... TuneIn often can't connect to 90.5 (WESA Pittsburgh); today it keeps dropping off 105.9 (The 😵 and can't get back on.  Diagnostic submitted twice; second time was 3233049.
I just got the Sonos system for a gift. Can't get the TuneIn component to work to play internet radio. Need assistance on how to fix this. Thanks.
Exact same problem, all sources exept tunein radio will play..
Hi. New system which was working well for first few days. TuneIn works perfectly on website. On Sonos all stations play for a few seconds and then stop/disconnect. Confirmation number 3349961
Hello, Are you still having similar problems accessing tunein radio through Sonos? Do you have any issues accessing tunein directly from their website: http://tunein.com/? If you run into the error again, please submit a diagnostics report and reply here with the confirmation number. You can find instructions for submitting diagnostics here.
Confirmation number 3361772
So weird. Been using Sonos for years and all of a sudden just my local radio stations stopped working. I can add stations to my radio stations and it works if they they are from 500 miles away. All the bad local stations work but I miss my local station. I can listen to them on the Tunein site
I am having a similar but slightly different problem. TuneIn is working perfectly on my Sonos app on iPad and iPhone controllers and my CR100 controller. It is however not working on my PC controller and I keep getting the message saying unable to browse TuneIn. What is further interesting is that I am also unable to submit diagnostics via the PC controller. A recently had fibre installed in my home which is when the problems started. The fibre router is in my home office and the Sonos controller is wirelessly linked to an AP in my lounge. This AP is wired into the office router. Is there a certain configuration setting that i need to change? If this is the case, why is it working on the iPhone and not on the PC controller?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sounds like it may be a firewall issue. But first do check your PC controller is up to date (Version 6.0)
I am having the same issue and it just started. I have not made any changes to any of my configuration but tune in stopped working. Not to mention my Spotify has never worked. Starting to loose faith in Sonos as it has not been smooth over the last couple of months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same issue and it just started. I have not made any changes to any of my configuration but tune in stopped working. Not to mention my Spotify has never worked. Starting to loose faith in Sonos as it has not been smooth over the last couple of months.

Hi Drralbert,

Please send in a diagnostic report from your system, reply here with the confirmation number, and I'll take a look. Here's how to submit reports.

Hi Drralbert,

Please send in a diagnostic report from your system, reply here with the confirmation number, and I'll take a look. Here's how to submit reports.

Hi Jeff,

Here is my diagnostic report number 6201862

Dan
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Drralbert,

Hi Jeff,

Here is my diagnostic report number 6201862

Dan

Hi Dan,

It would be best to continue working with our phone team to get this sorted out. I've created a support ticket for you: 160524-000699. Please give us a call and reference that number. You can find our phone number here.
Having the same issue. Only started yesterday. No changes made to system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having the same issue. Only started yesterday. No changes made to system.

Hi GILK,

It would be helpful to see a diagnostic report from your system. Please submit one and reply here with the confirmation number, here's how.
Diagnostic number 6209127
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic number 6209127

Hi GILK,

There's some wireless interference causing your Sonos units to lose connection to your wireless network and is likely the reason why you can't connect to TuneIn. It looks like you have an extended network on the same wireless channel as your main network. All of your Sonos units are connecting to the main network. If you change the wireless channel on your extended network to 6 or 11 it reduce interference and should help your system connect to TuneIn.

Please let me know if that doesn't work.
Unable to connect to yhe radio as well, diagnostic number 6255743. Everything else is working fine
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Unable to connect to yhe radio as well, diagnostic number 6255743. Everything else is working fine
Hello Lawoay, we are aware of the issue and working with our partner TuneIn to resolve it. Please note the TuneIn website is also not working.
Ok thanks for the quick reply!