Problems after updating to S2 controller.

• 11 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 19 replies

Hi, I have 15 Sonos speakers in various configurations across several rooms. One of the speakers, a Sonos beam, was connected by ethernet cable direct to the router. This allowed the rest of the system to operate via Sonos mesh. Wi-Fi was disabled on all the remaining speakers. The “My devices” data on my internet hub showed all 15 speakers connected direct to an ethernet port via the beam. The system was operating with the Sonos S1 controller, was completely stable and performed flawlessly across all rooms and configurations. This morning i updated the system to the S2 controller. The download was somewhat clunky and appeared to crash at one point. At no point did the app ask to be connected to either a new or existing system. I now have the S2 controller, but all the speakers apart from the ethernet connected beam are now back on Wi Fi.  This is now causing major issues with missing speakers and continuous drop outs. I am now unable to disable the wi fi setting on any of the speakers. My “devices data”on the internet hub now shows only the beam connected direct with ethernet. I have tried powering the speakers on and off, factory reset and reconnected to system. The speakers will only connect via the internet wi fi. I have rebooted the internet hub but all to no avail. Can anybody help? Many thanks.

can 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I noticed in your profile you have a Play:5 (Gen 1) which is not compatible with the S2 app. How many Play:5s do you have? Do you have any other speakers that aren’t compatible with the S2 app? Here is the full list: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The two 1st generation Play 5’s were removed from the S1 app before i installed the S2 app.  The remaining 13 speakers are all compatible with the S2 controller. The two Play 5’s will be added back to the S1 controller in due course.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Issue now resolved.