Problems adding IHeartRadio

Greetings- I am a newbie to Sonos, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. For the past two days, I have been trying to add IHeartRadio as a music source to Sonos. Being as I already have an iHeartRadio account (free) I am attempting to activate my account and am given a message that says "Please use the following code to authorize your account.... " Upon pushing the Authorize button. I am taken to the iHeartRadio website and I see a message that says "Congrats! Your iHeartRadio account is now available on your device."

Unfortunately, upon returning to Sonos I see the following Error message:
"Your iHeartRadio authorization has expired. Please remove this music service )Manage->Service Settings) and add it again." And so it continues. Any suggestions you might have as to how I can address this issue, would be appreciated. Thanks

19 replies

I’m facing the same problem!
Any help?
I'm following this as well. Same problem. I have Iheart installed on my iphone but unable to play it through Sonos.
Hmmm. I'm not an iHeartRadio user myself, so I'm probably of limited help, but I might recommend to all 3 of you to submit a system diagnostic and post the number here so that the folks at Sonos can take a look at your individual systems, and perhaps see some failure point.

As a minor suggestion, sometimes a simple reboot of the router has fixed similar issues for others...but I'm not 100% sure that it will on this one. Wouldn't hurt to try, though.
Hi ramystyle. gretchs319 and Airgetlam-
It appears that the issue may be the fact that I am in Canada. https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/iheart-radio-canada-6746061/index2.html
Same issue. I am not in Canada. Router reboot did not work. Diagnostic: 2127949742
Cmc123 wrote:

Same issue. I am not in Canada. Router reboot did not work. Diagnostic: 2127949742

As follow up, this morning sonos will no longer stream iheartradio content at all.
If you're in a hurry, I'd recommend that you contact Sonos directly, or you can wait for a Sonos employee here to pick up that diagnostic. Nothing against the folks here at all, but I'm a fan of actual voice communication. It's much more satisfying to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have had my local Iheartradio station streaming all morning, tried another couple stations with no issues either.

If not a call to Sonos you might try the Twitter or Facebook options to see if they can help, both are supposed to be faster than the forums and less hold time than the phones.
Anyone solve this? Having same issue.
YESSSSSSSS !!!! SAME PROBLEM !!! and it is NOT just iheart, it does that with ALL of my services !!! and no one on SONOS site is answering this problem !!!! no WONDER why there were so many returned/open box sonos speakers at the store!! What is the simple solution to this!!?????
I have same issue. SONOS please help or I will start selling my system !
jladouceur, I note that you don't have a location set up on your Sonos account. Is that potentially the issue? What happens if you set it up?
Location in my online sonos account ? Don’t see how that relates. Anyways I updated it but no luck. When I authorize via www.iheart.com/activate/sonos I then get an error in either the sonos app or sonos Mac app: error your iHeartRadio authorization has expired. Please remove this music service and add again.

Well i can’t remove it’s not there.
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
jladouceur wrote:

Location in my online sonos account ? Don’t see how that relates. Anyways I updated it but no luck. When I authorize via www.iheart.com/activate/sonos I then get an error in either the sonos app or sonos Mac app: error your iHeartRadio authorization has expired. Please remove this music service and add again.

Well i can’t remove it’s not there.

Hi there,

I think it would be best to have our phone team take a look at this one live. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.
So I've been on the phone for 43min now (30 of that was waiting for someone to answer ;-)), they asked to reproduce the issue live ... haha. Will update if they find anything...
update, 1hr, 45min on the phone. He got me to delete all my services and retry in my iPhono and Mac. Same issue.
He is the kicker...he ask ME to contact iHeartRadio and ask them why I can't get it to authorize with Sonos. Hope I get paid to do someones leg work. btw, sold all 4 of my Sonos PLAY:3 tonight. I have 1 left.
Hi SONOS your support call could see what was happening via TeamViewer and then proceeded to ask ME to contact iHeartRadio and ask why YOUR app isn't authentication. With this level of support this company will NOT last.
I am still not having any luck getting SONOS and iHeartRadio to work correctly. Sigh.
I was having the same problem and got it working. In my case I was logged into iheartradio using facebook. For some reason the sonos app doesn't play well in this configuration. I signed out of my iHeartRadio account and then created a new account using just my email address. I then went into the sonos app and added the iHeartRadio service to my sonos account. Once I did that, it added the service correctly. Hopefully this works for everyone else as well.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings