Question

Problem with Trueplay calibration

• 12 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hello Sonos fans-

I can't get Trueplay to work. When I do the sitting sound calibration everything is fine but when it comes to the walking sound calibration it doesn't work. I keep getting a message saying the room is to noisy. There is no noise. I can't get the room any quieter. You could hear a pin drop. I was not wearing shoes either. I even tried it standing in one spot and same thing. I am using an I-pad. I am open to any words of wisdom.

Thanks
Kris:)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
maybe its an issue with the ipad ... do you have another apple device you can try.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
No unfortunately I don't. I am an android guy and I borrowed the I-pad. I guess I will have to find someone else with an I-phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
it is strange being your hearing any noise and it is saying that. That's why to me it has to be an ipad issue. Maybe try rebooting the ipad and see if maybe its microphone software is messed up or something.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I just tried it again and it worked! Not sure why. I have been going around my house from room to room and it is working. I had problems in my garage though. It took 4 attempts. It told me to much noise. Then not moving it up and down enough. Then not moving around enough. But 4th time was the charm! From what I am hearing from room to room Trueplay makes everything clearer. It works on clarity. I had to switch it on and off to tell the difference. Sounds awesome though.

Thanks for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes trueplay really brings out the clarity in tracks...I would describe it that was as well.